April 19, 2024, 09:11:06 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register
News:

Arturia Forums

Author Topic: Many Keys on Keylab 49 are unresponsive  (Read 1752 times)

dilpreetbhatia

Many Keys on Keylab 49 are unresponsive
« on: February 16, 2016, 03:59:57 pm »
Today I bought the Keylab 49, brand new from my the retailer "Sudeep Audio" in Mumbai. When it arrived I was very excited, smooth wooden finish and felt like its very nicely built.

As soon as I connected to my DAW the excitement turned into a not so good experience. almost 7 to 8 keys, are unresponsive to low velocity touch. First I thought I might have to update the firmware. I checked that it was the latest. I checked the velocity curves settings to rule out any software issues. But the behaviour was same. Same 7-8 keys do not play at low velocity.
It totally renders this beautiful piece of gear unusable for my composing work.

I have created the video of the same to convince my retailer that its a problem with this equipment. Please recommend how to get it exchanged? Also, is it so sensitive that the hardware is bad out of the box? I have Axiom 49 for 5 years, never experienced any issues. Was Very Sturdy.

I am already doubting my decision.. :(

asamax

Re: Many Keys on Keylab 49 are unresponsive
« Reply #1 on: February 27, 2016, 12:09:35 pm »
Hi,

same issue here.
Bought a Keylab 49 from Amazon, just unboxed. Looks great. Perfect connection, firmware updated, perfect communication with Midi Control Center and Analog Lab. But...
While some keys worked perfectly, some others couldn't feel a soft touch. I've shot a video.

I've asked Amazon to replace the keyboard. They've been great, quick replacement.
Unboxed the new Keylab, tested, same issue (on different keys). I've shot another video.

2 bad Keylab 49 out of 2 isn't a good performance imho. No response from Arturia so far.
I'm waiting for the third Keylab 49 from Amazon. Cheers :)

Carbonate design by Bloc
SMF 2.0.17 | SMF © 2019, Simple Machines