April 25, 2024, 08:44:24 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register
News:

Arturia Forums

Author Topic: Next/Previous Buttons via MIDI CC?  (Read 1405 times)

aokjoey

Next/Previous Buttons via MIDI CC?
« on: February 12, 2016, 12:25:59 am »
I am really, really enjoying my BSP! I used to use the Genome sequencer on my iPad and, while I liked it a lot, i enjoy working with buttons and hardware instead of a touch screen.

However, I need to control things with my vast array (ok, I have six) of foot switches. I assume I would use MCC or something for the BSP transport, that looks supported.

But is there any way of assigning the next and previous buttons for a sequence to MIDI? I did not see it anyway.

If not that would be the one thing that would make this much, much more usable live for me (and probably others). I would imagine it would work the same way as assigning the pads or encoders in MIDI Control Center.

Thanks for a great product!
Cheers,
Joe 

aokjoey

Re: Next/Previous Buttons via MIDI CC?
« Reply #1 on: February 18, 2016, 02:13:04 pm »
Bump. Does no one else think he ability to map CC messages to core BSP functions like sequence forward backward buttons?

syrupcore

Re: Next/Previous Buttons via MIDI CC?
« Reply #2 on: February 28, 2016, 10:55:53 pm »
It's a good idea and a really common feature in other sequencery type things, particularly drum machines. I'm not sure if they've released the sysex spec for the BSP yet. If so, you might find what you need in there.

Carbonate design by Bloc
SMF 2.0.17 | SMF © 2019, Simple Machines