March 29, 2024, 03:09:09 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register
News:

Arturia Forums

Author Topic: Bsp and Cubase is hell.  (Read 5952 times)

alexP

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
Bsp and Cubase is hell.
« on: February 09, 2016, 08:03:49 pm »
I love my bsp. Why the hell won't it sync to anything cubase spits at it? I want to use this thing so bad but it's collecting dust because it won't sync to my DAW. Help??

alexP

Terrym

• Global Moderator
    • soundcloud.com/logicaldream
Re: Bsp and Cubase is hell.
« Reply #1 on: February 09, 2016, 10:54:22 pm »
How do you have it setup in cubase and what version are you using.

Terrym
TerryM
ARTURIA Tester for Minifreak,All software Polybrute,Keystep pro,Audiofuse range, Microfreak,Kl49mkII,DrumBrute,Spark,Analog lab3,KLE,kl88,matrix12,Semv,Beatstep,Minibrute 2,Pigments
ASC,Vcol6, Beatstep pro, VCOL8, Synclavier v.Minibrute2s

alexP

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
« Reply #2 on: February 09, 2016, 11:17:53 pm »
Hey Terry!!

Windows 8 with latest Cubase. USB out to BSP. I don't use soft synths, so I can't see it bein a dsp issue!!

alexP

Terrym

• Global Moderator
« Reply #3 on: February 09, 2016, 11:30:45 pm »
So you want cubase to sync with the bsp . so on usb do you have the bsp set to sync usb . then in cubase under transport and project sync setup. did you set midi clock destination  check box to arturia beat step pro. when you press play on cubase it should be synced.

regards

Terrym
TerryM
ARTURIA Tester for Minifreak,All software Polybrute,Keystep pro,Audiofuse range, Microfreak,Kl49mkII,DrumBrute,Spark,Analog lab3,KLE,kl88,matrix12,Semv,Beatstep,Minibrute 2,Pigments

fabignoli

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
« Reply #4 on: February 10, 2016, 01:55:34 pm »
Yes, but....
It will ne in sync for 2 or 3 patterns. after that, some note will disappear... Sorry but when you sync it (the BSP) with anything (USB, midi, or clock in) it doesn't work fine.
I plug it on a very precise lab signal generator for syncing the clock and there's variation on the display. bad real-time programming in my humble opinion (or no real-time at all ? I hope not....)

It won't be out of sync if you use interrupt (except if you do too much processing while the BSP is in the interrupt mode... like displaying the BPM (when in sync.. What for ? you have to calculate in real time the BPM to display it ? I know the BPM the BSP is in slave mode. These kind of errors take time in processing, especially when the BPM is high), thing like that).

i think it will be better to have a cut-down version of the firmware, with less functionnality than this one (i mean firstly...)
Just the 3 sequencers with 16 to 64 steps, gate length, velocity and pitch, MIDI and CV/out and only one sync (USB or midi-in or clock-in). It will be used as an ordinary analog sequencer and in sync with the DAW. Currently you have 300 function inside, but the sync is unuseable, what a pity for a sequencer. Please upgrade....

Regards
Frederic ABIGNOLI

Terrym

• Global Moderator
« Reply #5 on: February 10, 2016, 02:11:15 pm »
I do not have the same problem as you but i have spoken to the team and i should be testing a new firmware very soon.

Terrym
TerryM

paulogic

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
« Reply #6 on: February 13, 2016, 06:48:05 am »
I use the BSP with Cubase 8.

USB sync in.
USB out for drums (routed to my Yamaha bij Cubase)
Seq 1 : Midi out for K. Arp and CV out for filter of K. Arp. (Velocity to filter)
Seq 2 : USB out to VST or Yamaha or ...

No problems at all when syncing.

Are you working with Windows or OSX?

I'm using a MBpro with El Capitan and all latest updates on software and drivers.
Love CS80V and will love JP8V

alexP

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
« Reply #7 on: February 14, 2016, 01:03:36 pm »
I'm using Windows.

USB to BSP. Go into transport in Cubase, tick Arturia BSP. Tempo of BSP changes constantly, and it syncs for a bar tops. Downloaded latest upgrade, and this was supposed to be resolved. It's starting to collect dust as I simply can't use it in my system. Not a happy camper.

Alex

nglez

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
« Reply #8 on: February 22, 2016, 07:26:45 pm »
Hey guys,

Have you found a solution? I'm also using BSP with cubase and have some sync problems.. Everything's late for a couple of ms and the BPM on the BSP keeps changing...

Terrym

• Global Moderator
« Reply #9 on: February 22, 2016, 09:02:58 pm »
Hi the BPM does not affect the sync it drifts a bit due to the way midi clock works as to the delay in midi if you put auto quantize on in cubase this works for me.

Terrym
TerryM

nglez

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
« Reply #10 on: February 23, 2016, 12:13:01 pm »
Thanks for your reply Terrym! mmh ok that is a workaround but in that case your swing settings on the BSP will be useless right? I've been playing around with track delay as well and that seems to tighten up everything as well, even though the delays are irregular so some beats are still a little of. It's kinda disappointing that this function doesn't work properly on a midi usb controller for 250 euros ... I heard of other people who have the same problem with logic.  I wrote to the customer support hopefully they'll answer soon.

Carbonate design by Bloc
SMF 2.0.17 | SMF © 2019, Simple Machines