April 20, 2024, 12:35:55 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register
News:

Arturia Forums

Author Topic: Feature Request: Drum Sequencer Transpose  (Read 2114 times)

syrupcore

Feature Request: Drum Sequencer Transpose
« on: February 08, 2016, 10:11:13 am »
Probably been requested already but I couldn't find another thread for it.

I have different drum sample players (hardware and software) and many of them start at different drum notes. I'd really appreciate the ability to transpose the drum sequencer's starting note on a per project, pattern or on-the-fly basis.

Bonus: there's the 'practical' use case I've just outlined. But there's also a couple of musical use cases. First would be simply experimenting with shifting your whole drum pattern where you snare is now your hi-tom and you clap is now your kick. Second is if you're 'hacking' the drum sequencer for polyphonic chord/note output. On machine transposition of the drum sequence would open that possibility way up.

megamarkd

• Dead By Dawn
Re: Feature Request: Drum Sequencer Transpose
« Reply #1 on: February 09, 2016, 10:08:50 am »
This would be great.  Although the default layout matches general midi convention of the gut of the kit should start at 36, but I have a lot of instruments below and above.  Like the accented kick in my RY30 is by default on 35, so I had to move it, but now it doesn't match three of my four kits on the M1.  I can edit on kit on the M1 but the rest are fixed.  Being able to edit or shift the drum map on the BSP would be wonderful.  Perhaps an app for mobile phone so plugging into a computer is not needed to adjust setting?
Currently running https://www.modulargrid.net/e/racks/view/1311723 / www.modulargrid.net, sequencing with KSP and recording with a Zoom (no DAW involved, for better or worse ;) )

faster

« Reply #2 on: February 09, 2016, 03:03:58 pm »
Great idea syrupcore, because it would (also) open door to further sonic exploration in a synth or app, not just drum machine.

Just imagine if you could make templates... ;)

yield27

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
« Reply #3 on: March 24, 2016, 04:22:52 pm »
This sounds like a great thing!

zarmonal

« Reply #4 on: April 01, 2016, 01:58:44 am »
I would also like to request this feature. I bought the BeatStep Pro yesterday from Sweetwater and just received it today and tried to program beats on a few older MIDI drum machines I have, and two of them were far out of range (bass drum/snare and toms were not accessible, but hats and cymbals/claps were). I was *very* surprised to find that the OCT- and OCT+ buttons when using shift did not change octaves in the DRUM mode.

MaZmiTh

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
« Reply #5 on: April 26, 2016, 06:16:00 pm »
+1  :o  just got my BSP and im learning the drum sequencer is really lacking for hardware drum machines.  as far as i can tell it could all be fixed with a transpose in the drum sequencer.  but how to get the first drum sequenced to move to pad 1, second to pad 2, etc....

Carbonate design by Bloc
SMF 2.0.17 | SMF © 2019, Simple Machines