April 18, 2024, 03:56:57 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register
News:

Arturia Forums

Author Topic: Bsp with Yamaha Cs1x  (Read 2567 times)

manbot

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
Bsp with Yamaha Cs1x
« on: February 01, 2016, 05:23:55 pm »
Newbie question: Is it possible to assign different instruments ( voices ) for each sequencer parts on bsp using one synthesizer (cs1x) ? For ex I would like sequencer 1 to use a bass preset , sequencer 2 a lead preset or whatever and finally to have a drumkit loaded on the drum part. I was able to have the same instrument on all 3 bsp parts but i don't know how to set the cs1x  to send different channels to bsp...
I wonder if actually Yamaha cs1x is able to send 3 different midi channels or idk...
Advice here would be great.
Thanks.
« Last Edit: February 01, 2016, 06:35:25 pm by manbot »

megamarkd

• Dead By Dawn
Re: Bsp with Yamaha Cs1x
« Reply #1 on: February 02, 2016, 10:11:41 am »
Hey Manbot,
The CS1X has 16 part multitimbre which usually means you can set a channel to each timbre, but the manual is a bit bigger than one page, so I didn't go through it too finely and as a result can't tell you how to set it up to do so.
Perhaps reading it yourself may help you setup your CS1X to receive and play multiple midi channels on separate instrument patches.
I've read manuals for other people recently, I know, but this one is like 64 pages long and isn't presenting me with the info we need in the contents.
God luck
MarkD
Currently running https://www.modulargrid.net/e/racks/view/1311723 / www.modulargrid.net, sequencing with KSP and recording with a Zoom (no DAW involved, for better or worse ;) )

manbot

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
« Reply #2 on: February 02, 2016, 01:37:43 pm »
Thanks very much...yep in multi mode i can assign all 3 bsp parts with different presets but in performance mode is tricky..i can get only one part... more to dig in settings.

mihalw

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
« Reply #3 on: February 02, 2016, 10:20:06 pm »
CS1x operates in two modes: XG/GM and Performance. In XG/GM 16 parts are available. In Performance mode 4 parts are 'taken' by the performance which consists of up to 4 layers, but other 12 parts can be used as in XG/GM (the default setting is MIDI channel #1 for the performance and channels #5-#16 for other voices). This means that only a single full-featured performance voice can be used at once.

I see two options to make use of the performance mode (which is more attractive sonically):
- use any of the additional 12 XG parts for the bass leaving performance for the lead (or the other way around),
- prepare a split performance using note limits, which would cover both bass and lead on a single MIDI channel depending on the note value.
In both options drums would be triggered on channel #10.

manbot

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
« Reply #4 on: February 03, 2016, 11:32:03 pm »
That was helpful, i figure it out. Sometimes in performace mode the cs1x acts in a strange way...it sounds like Release knob is increased and the sound has a long sustain or someth.and i cannot adjust it ...only if i change the preset. That adds more...unexpected behaviour😉

Carbonate design by Bloc
SMF 2.0.17 | SMF © 2019, Simple Machines