April 16, 2024, 10:29:53 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register
News:

Arturia Forums

Author Topic: Problem following instructions on page 17 of the manual (HP filter and Cutoff)  (Read 1767 times)

Wiederholung

Good evening,
 I will preemptively ask for forgiveness in case the answer to my question it's obvious and the problem is due to my incompetence  :)
[img]http://imageshack.com/a/img922/5944/1h3gBb.jpg/img]

This is a photo of the setup: i think i've followed correctly all the instructions, am I missing something?

The paranoid part of me is taking over! May the product be defective? I don't think so, but I can't understand what i'm doing wrong.

Thx in advance to everyone who'll try to help!  :)

EDIT: i forgot to specify that the problem is the fact that the sound is supposed to get thinner till it goes completely away, but in my case it gets thinner but still remains.... theoretically should work the same as when you turn the Cutoff in the opposite direction with the low pass filter selected (and that way actually works fine). My problem is just with the High pass filter  :(
« Last Edit: January 31, 2016, 11:48:09 pm by Wiederholung »

AndyQ

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
I can't see your photo, but check that keyboard tracking is all the way "OFF" and envelope amount is at the centre detent (no tracking) as both of those affect the filter. Also check there's no filter modulation going on - set the LFO "amount" to zero to kill anything and rip out any patch leads. Also whack the resonance down to zero to make sure it's not a self-oscillating filter that you're hearing (although you shouldn't if it's fully open).

That said, on my unit the HP filter never completely cuts out the sound even at full clockwise setting, I still get just a smidge of sound coming through from the VCO's. The manual does say that the sound "goes away completely at the top of the range" but it doesn't on my unit. If this is not the intended design I can't say it's bothered me in any way. I've got a few synths with HP filters and I can't say I ever thought to check if they completely cut out the sound! - I'll have to go and test them when I get some time. It'd be nice to get an answer from Arturia about it, just out of interest. It could be a calibration issue, but it's never something I thought of as a problem, although perhaps you might want to have a sound that sweeps the HP filter in and out with the ENV or LFO from silent to audible. Interesting pont.

yannmcc

Hi,

I just tested against your picture (a "[" is missing in the closing "[img]" tag).
I have the same result : the sound is fading, but not to silence, there is still a small amount of sound.

So either the writer was a bit enthusiastic ;-), or our MB are not that perfectly calibrated.
But as it seems we have the same amount of "tiny" sound, I would tend to a manual writing inconsistency, or bug.

As for the rest I would join AndyQ's point of view.

Hope it helps.

Wiederholung

Thx for the answers!  :) Yeah actually i got a reply from Arturia saying it's completely normal.
Was just some paranoia of mine, it's definitely nothing that compromises the fruition of this beautiful instrument!
Thx again!

Carbonate design by Bloc
SMF 2.0.17 | SMF © 2019, Simple Machines