April 24, 2024, 10:29:07 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register
News:

Arturia Forums

Author Topic: Microbrute Humming  (Read 2989 times)

kitg90

Microbrute Humming
« on: January 24, 2016, 11:59:48 am »
Hey guys I'm having some issues with my Microbrute or Soundcard or something.

I just got a microbrute and I connected it from the Line Out to my Soundcard Line In.

Using a Focusrite Saffire 6 USB. The cable I'm using is a 1/4" Mono Jack.

As I turn up the volume I'm getting a humming noise just like the link below.

Any advice?

Thanks.

https://soundcloud.com/kit-goh/white...umming/s-NIKy5

fellotransit

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
    • Fello Transit's official website
Re: Microbrute Humming
« Reply #1 on: January 29, 2016, 11:08:56 pm »
I listened to your hum on soundcloud. I can't be sure what is causing it just from the sound. But here are some ways to check it out.

Plug in your headphones and see if you get the same noise in them. Also, if you have a way to check out the Line out from the microbrute without going through your soundcard try that as well (like hooking it up to a discreet analog mixer and directly to speakers or headphones). If in both of these cases you don't hear the hum then you can be sure it isn't coming from the microbrute. And most likely it is being generated through your connection to your soundcard. Or it could be interference noise because of unshielded cables.

I notice that I get a slight bit of noise when I record with my Microbrute through my soundcard and it seems to come from the USB midi cable. However, the signal to noise ratio is high, so as long as the -brute is playing notes you don't hear it.
« Last Edit: January 29, 2016, 11:57:18 pm by fellotransit »

fellotransit

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
    • Fello Transit's official website
Re: Microbrute Humming
« Reply #2 on: January 29, 2016, 11:54:43 pm »
Also kitg90,

check out this thread:

http://forum.arturia.com/index.php?topic=14538.30#msg43028

See if you aren't getting VCO bleedthrough by hitting the keys with all waveforms turned down to zero (also resonance and brute factor turned all the way down). If you hear a continuous oscillator pitch that changes with your key presses, that's the culprit. NOTE: it's easier to tell when you press keys in the higher octaves.

JayBee808 's response on that thread will fix that problem, if this is what it is.

Carbonate design by Bloc
SMF 2.0.17 | SMF © 2019, Simple Machines