March 28, 2024, 04:08:14 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register
News:

Arturia Forums

Author Topic: 8 Voice programmer  (Read 5312 times)

Icy

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
8 Voice programmer
« on: November 13, 2015, 05:04:58 pm »
Hello

I have a question regarding the Oberheim's 8 voice programmer. When i am producing something in Ableton, i write simple midi clip with notes i want for Oberheim to play. The midi sequence has 8 notes so it matches the 8 different voices in programmer.I program the changes in each voice (filter cutoff , resonance etc) and when i hit PLAY button in ableton, 1st note in sequence  will use 1st voice, 2nd note  will use 2nd voice with its own adjustments etc.Now, lets say when the 5ft note is finished and i click STOP in ableton and play again, the MIDI sequence in ableton will start over but programmer will continue to play starting with 6th voice for the 1st note , 2nd note will be played with parameters of 7th voice etc.The programmer in playback setting is set to forward (FWRD).So in order to make programmer start over when the sequence is being played again, i logicaly set the programmer to FRWD RTRG 9forward retrigger). But what happens then is that Ableton plays the MIDI sequences but programmer just plays 1st voice parameters over and over again.

So can someone tell how to set programmer to reset when i reset the sequence in Ableton so dont get different sounds being played each time when i pause the track.

LBH

Re: 8 Voice programmer
« Reply #1 on: November 14, 2015, 06:59:21 pm »
A simple reset trigger function could perhaps do it in your case. Perhaps Arturia will add that feature if possible.
A retrigger playmode that don't retrigger if a note is played legato Arturia perhaps also could look at.

It perhaps also would be nice to be able to choose steps in the programmer with DAW automation. Perhaps Arturia could take a look at that too.
But the way you describe how you work, then you just as well could solve it just by dropping the Programmer in SEM, and automate all the synth parameters in your DAW instead. Then you can do anything you wan't for each note you have in your DAW and will allways be able to stop and start from any point you like.

EDIT: Also an intelligent sync that also capture DAW's time and beat signature would be awesome. That way it allways sync on the correct beat and step when the DAW start playing no matter where it was stopped and where it is started. This would be awesome for any sound that use arpeggio or sequencer in any synth.

« Last Edit: November 14, 2015, 11:51:23 pm by LBH »

Icy

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
« Reply #2 on: November 18, 2015, 03:10:20 pm »
A simple reset trigger function could perhaps do it in your case. Perhaps Arturia will add that feature if possible.
A retrigger playmode that don't retrigger if a note is played legato Arturia perhaps also could look at.

It perhaps also would be nice to be able to choose steps in the programmer with DAW automation. Perhaps Arturia could take a look at that too.
But the way you describe how you work, then you just as well could solve it just by dropping the Programmer in SEM, and automate all the synth parameters in your DAW instead. Then you can do anything you wan't for each note you have in your DAW and will allways be able to stop and start from any point you like.

EDIT: Also an intelligent sync that also capture DAW's time and beat signature would be awesome. That way it allways sync on the correct beat and step when the DAW start playing no matter where it was stopped and where it is started. This would be awesome for any sound that use arpeggio or sequencer in any synth.

First of all, thanks for reply.

Second. i tried using automatisation but it doesnt show exact values so it is kinda pain in the a** to do it :P And i think in programmer it sounds smoother rather than the automatisation.  This last option you mentioned , how can i do that ? I am using Ableton

LBH

« Reply #3 on: November 18, 2015, 03:49:59 pm »
This last option you mentioned , how can i do that ? I am using Ableton

The options is'nt there. It's idea's for Aruria to make those functions, if it's possible. Right now iIn SEM you only have the playmode like FWD amd RETRIG FWD.
For the time being to do what you wan't, then you has to use DAW automation. Can't you see precise values when you set the DAW automation value, perhaps in a mouse over pop up note or in a side window or value field somewhere? I have the possibility to see precise automation values in my DAW when the mouse is over the automation settings.
« Last Edit: November 18, 2015, 06:38:46 pm by LBH »

LBH

« Reply #4 on: November 21, 2015, 12:21:35 am »
Just if you had not thought at it yourself, then you can bounce you midi/ instrument to audio. That keep everything in the right place.
Also remember you can automate the 8-voice programmers playing modes for every note you play.
« Last Edit: November 21, 2015, 12:39:24 am by LBH »

Carbonate design by Bloc
SMF 2.0.17 | SMF © 2019, Simple Machines