April 23, 2024, 02:43:10 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register
News:

Arturia Forums

Author Topic: Getting Keylab 61 to work as control surface with Cakewalk Sonar X3e  (Read 3905 times)

satish_bhat

I recently bought a Keylab 61.  It works fine as a MIDI input device with my DAW (Cakewalk Sonar X3e).  However, when I try to configure it as a control surface, I see that the manual offers no help in this regard.  Trying various surfaces like ACT, Generic Cakewalk, Mackie Control, etc. did not help.  I am a newbie with respect to control surfaces.  Any pointers on how to set the Keylab up for use with Cakewalk will be greatly appreciated.

Thanks!

Hasse G

• Apprentice
Having the same problem. I wonder if this is a general problem in this business. You buy various software and hardware, and since MIDI is a general language you trust that it will work. But generally there is some glitch, because manufacturers want everyone to buy the whole kit from them only. They apply some special solution, that disqualifies competitors. And it is a pity and very frustrating for consumers. You end up in browsing for hours for hours various foras and knowledge bases for answers. Baaaaah! 

rsbkeys

Re: Getting Keylab 61 to work as control surface with Cakewalk Sonar X3e
« Reply #2 on: February 13, 2017, 08:24:44 pm »
I just purchased a Keylab 61 and had the same struggles with Sonar Platinum but finally got everything to work including transport controls through the Sonar Generic Controller window.  Since it's been a long time from your original post, I'll assume that you got yours working too but if not, post again and I'll list the instructions used to get this ironed out.

HoboInASuit

Re: Getting Keylab 61 to work as control surface with Cakewalk Sonar X3e
« Reply #3 on: April 01, 2017, 05:50:35 pm »
Hi everyone,

I'm having issues setting up the KeyLab 88 in Sonar Platinum, as well. Can anyone provide a guide or something? Is there no preset for the KeyLab 88 as a control surface for Sonar?

Carbonate design by Bloc
SMF 2.0.17 | SMF © 2019, Simple Machines