April 23, 2024, 05:28:47 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register
News:

Arturia Forums

Author Topic: Spark Performance [PC]  (Read 1427 times)

rakzoo

Spark Performance [PC]
« on: December 15, 2015, 10:32:06 pm »
Honestly, I can't be the only one who has been having an absoltely rubbish time trying to use Spark with my PC?

I bought the Arturia SparkLE a couple of months ago and I was PSYCHED AS HECK! I got it out of the box and it was &%#!*n' minty as all darn, seriously what a great piece of hardware, I aboslutely love the build, the knobs, the pads everything!

BUT when I'm trying to get going with the software I encounter issue upon issue!  >:( >:(
>The software layout doesn't even match the hardware
Spark stops responding everytime I:
>Use the big knob to navigate through kits and samples
>Anytime it seems to feel like it
>The latch/release function is wonky as &%#!
>In fact, none of the filters seem to work as intended.
>There are pretty much no useful settings to fiddle with and there's not even a "save" or "apply" button, do I even change the settings at all?

And now all of sudden there's some insane latency when I trigger pads, I hit the pad and it gets picked up by the software and the sound is triggered but there's a latency of almost 500 ms!

What is going on here?! Do I need to get a f&%#!ng MacBook in order for my 200EU purchase to actually be worth something?!
And WHAT the &%#! was in cooking in the pipes of the people who designed the "customer support" on Arturia?! They ask you which DAW you're using BUT SPARK ISN'T EVEN ON THAT LIST! &%#!

I'M THIS &%#!ING CLOSE TO TRADING IT FOR A F*&%#!G BONGO

bulley

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
Re: Spark Performance [PC]
« Reply #1 on: January 04, 2016, 11:01:44 pm »
switching to mac isn't necessarily the magic bullet. spark performance is dire on both my macs.

rakzoo

Re: Spark Performance [PC]
« Reply #2 on: January 20, 2016, 06:06:44 pm »
Thats oddly comforting to hear, but what can I do? I can't even use this thing - it won't sync with the midi control center on my new PC (a desktop) for some reason. It syncs up without any problems to my other PC (a laptop). On the laptop the latency in spark makes it impossible to use for "jamming" and on the desktop there's no connectivity between the hardware and software at all...

Oh and tech - support just give me all the standard answers like "unplug your device and try again" - thanks alot mate.
« Last Edit: January 20, 2016, 06:08:34 pm by rakzoo »

Carbonate design by Bloc
SMF 2.0.17 | SMF © 2019, Simple Machines