March 29, 2024, 01:18:59 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register
News:

Arturia Forums

Author Topic: Keylab 88 - Expression Pedal for volume control  (Read 3352 times)

chrissy

Keylab 88 - Expression Pedal for volume control
« on: December 13, 2015, 02:20:13 pm »
Hi!
I just wondered how I can assign the expression pedal for volume control on the Keylab 88. I want to use it for an ipad organ app and would appreciate when someone could give me a step-by-step guide how to do that.

Thanks in advance for your help,
Christoph

rhiansheehan

Re: Keylab 88 - Expression Pedal for volume control
« Reply #1 on: December 22, 2015, 12:51:21 am »
I'm wanting to do a similar thing using the expression pedal or Aux to control modulation wheel. Can't seem to find the answer. Hopefully you have some luck!

ben arturia

• Administrator
« Reply #2 on: January 08, 2016, 11:33:16 am »
Hi all,

I've explained that here :
http://forum.arturia.com/index.php?topic=86488.0

In your case CC used for volume is CC7.
.......testing.......

Eric Barker

• Progrock/metal Keyboards & Sound Design
« Reply #3 on: March 17, 2016, 01:25:24 am »
My recommendation might be a little different, so hear me out. I hate using CC7 because it's universal. You might want to use it for volume NOW, but you might want to use it for Wah or timbre or something else on some other patch down the line. If you set it to CC7, it's going to control master volume, on EVERYTHING...FOREVER. I would, instead, recommend setting it to CC4 (Foot Control) which is a completely MIDI standardized designation, but is never pre-assigned to any function in any synth I've ever used. Then set your individual patch to have CC4 control volume.

And there's an additional reason to do this with an organ VI. If it's a Hammond or electric organ: the volume rocker on a real Hammond is pre-amplifier, so if you have the amp drive turned up, the the tone will change as you move the volume rocker. Typically organ VIs will have a pre-amp volume controller built into them, so just use the 'Learn" command or similar feature to set it to CC4. Oh, also Hammond volume rockers don't take the volume to 0 either, so if you're looking for realistic control, you'll want to set it up like that.
« Last Edit: March 17, 2016, 01:28:55 am by Eric Barker »

Carbonate design by Bloc
SMF 2.0.17 | SMF © 2019, Simple Machines