March 29, 2024, 06:30:18 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register
News:

Arturia Forums

Author Topic: My First Analog Synth - Newbie MiniBrute User  (Read 2550 times)

bonusgrooves

My First Analog Synth - Newbie MiniBrute User
« on: December 07, 2015, 03:21:18 pm »
Hi All, having played many traditional keyboard instruments i.e. Harmonium, Melodica, Accordian, Piano, Reed Organ etc... my current Electro-Psych band formerly Psych-Folk have changed sound so much, the only option was to be progressive and purchase and analog synth, so to marry up with a Midi Keyboard Controller and Ableton Live in the live enviroment. I bought my Minibrute new on Friday and have spent hours trying to discover and remember my own presets for particular songs we play and added embelishments of course. Not to keen on the preset sheets that come with it, Majestic Overture and Solo being the exception. So just to ask is there any source on the net for any presets to build on .... etc. Your help is appreciated for the newbie to the MiniBrute...

Rokk

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
Re: My First Analog Synth - Newbie MiniBrute User
« Reply #1 on: January 31, 2016, 12:22:59 pm »
I'd wholeheartedly suggest you dive into subtractive synthesis, thoroughly explore your Minibrute, get to know it well and then you won't need any presets, because you'll know exactly what to do when you have a certain sound in your mind.

LordVampyre

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
« Reply #2 on: February 01, 2016, 05:07:15 am »
bonus... theres a huge amount of videos  over on youtube dealing with the minibrute .. Ive gotten a lot of good ideas from there.

see if theres any user groups.. I use a microbrute and so far Ive not been able to find any for me but who knows you may get lucky.

I also checked crageslist (sp) on online and found a couple of groups unfort theyre not close to me but perhaps youll be luckier.

BodoBrute

« Reply #3 on: February 01, 2016, 12:01:31 pm »
So just to ask is there any source on the net for any presets to build on .... etc.

There is. Check out this thread in the aptly named 'MiniBrute Presets' forum  :).

Carbonate design by Bloc
SMF 2.0.17 | SMF © 2019, Simple Machines