April 19, 2024, 04:51:38 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register
News:

Arturia Forums

Author Topic: Technique question for SUB 5th  (Read 1311 times)

josh568

Technique question for SUB 5th
« on: November 29, 2015, 08:39:27 am »
Hi I'm trying to write a bassline for a very fast drum and bass song, this is kind of hard to explain without the sound but the beginning of the song is based on the "unison" setting "5" so when I don't transpose it it has the same 0 as the end which is "7"   I'm trying to decide what key the bassline is in, I've been improving over the original "take" (I have been hearing it in my head like really fast and punchy and alive)  but when I did the first draft, it was 7 semitones above the "original" key of the song.  So I am tryng to decide which version sounds clearer,  does anyone have suggestions for how to "bring out" the SUB5TH "sound"    I have been improvising with it a little because I want to get a feel for the really fast movement but I cannot hear the effect of the sub 5th very well, it doesn't seem to affect the resonance or harmonics; in the sense that I don't want to waste that harmonic because when I rewrite these intervals for the treble instruments I'm trying to keep the "space" in the song because it has a very "light" feel, like if you add really thick chords it doesn't match the drums.  Anyone did this?

Carbonate design by Bloc
SMF 2.0.17 | SMF © 2019, Simple Machines