April 19, 2024, 08:38:14 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register
News:

Arturia Forums

Author Topic: Brand New Beatstep Pro Err on Startup  (Read 2059 times)

bonsai

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
Brand New Beatstep Pro Err on Startup
« on: November 26, 2015, 06:37:45 pm »
Brand spanking new out of the box the thing doesn't work at all :'(  Upon powerup it flashes through all the buttons then says "Err" in the tempo/value screen and "0d" in the project screen. Tried updating the firmware and it didn't help. Seriously? I mean, as much as I hate endless software updates and incompatibility issues these days is the main reason I wanted this thing. I dreamed that this thing would be able to come out of the box, power it up and start sequencing a bunch of midi and modular gear right away, but alas, I can't even get the damn thing to power up properly.
Any ideas on what the problem is?
« Last Edit: November 26, 2015, 08:16:14 pm by bonsai »

Terrym

• Global Moderator
    • soundcloud.com/logicaldream
Re: Brand New Beatstep Pro Err on Startup
« Reply #1 on: November 26, 2015, 09:33:42 pm »
Hi . i think i know what it could be but you would need to open the back up and remove the bottom plate. there is a little ribbon that connects the looper pad to the main board for some reason these can be loose or not locked into place into the connector. this is not an official arturia process .So it would be up to you to do this it may only need locking the 2 tabs on the sides of the ribbon.

let me know if i can help

Terrym
TerryM
ARTURIA Tester for Minifreak,All software Polybrute,Keystep pro,Audiofuse range, Microfreak,Kl49mkII,DrumBrute,Spark,Analog lab3,KLE,kl88,matrix12,Semv,Beatstep,Minibrute 2,Pigments
ASC,Vcol6, Beatstep pro, VCOL8, Synclavier v.Minibrute2s

bonsai

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
Re: Brand New Beatstep Pro Err on Startup
« Reply #2 on: November 26, 2015, 11:45:14 pm »
Yep, that was it.
That little ribbon cable is so tiny and light that there is no way it was simply jiggled loose in shipment. It looks like there is a kink in the cable that was caught by the back case when closing it up and the cable was forcefully pulled out of it's socket or it simply wasn't inserted at all. Apparently there's no testing going on with each unit before packaging and shipping out or they would have noticed this and I would think that would definitely have been an official Arturia process to ensure a working unit before selling them. :-\

For anyone else with this problem, when you open up the unit, if you see much of the contact strips on the ribbon it's definitely not in far enough as in the attached image (shot before inserting it into the socket on my unit). Just pull slightly sideways on the little grey rectangles to open the socket, push in the ribbon as far as it will go and push the grey tabs back in place to lock the ribbon in place.

Carbonate design by Bloc
SMF 2.0.17 | SMF © 2019, Simple Machines