March 28, 2024, 10:48:53 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register
News:

Arturia Forums

Author Topic: Browse presets with hardware midi controller  (Read 5401 times)

jeromej

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
Browse presets with hardware midi controller
« on: November 24, 2015, 09:39:51 am »
Is it possible to browse the presets using a hardware midi controller? I'm basically looking for a midi control change for the "Preceding preset" and "Next preset" buttons.
« Last Edit: November 25, 2015, 03:21:01 am by jeromej »

LBH

Re: Browse presets with hardware midi controller
« Reply #1 on: November 24, 2015, 08:31:22 pm »
Is it possible to browse the presets using a hardware midi controller? I'm basically looking for a midi control change for the "Preceding preset" and "Next preset" buttons.

If you use the synth Sound Map in list mode, then you can use your computer keyboards arrow keys.
Perhaps your controller can qwerty assign so you can control the arrow keys from your controller and thus the preset selector.
Unfortunately it's only for some factory preset's.

Using automation have ProgramChange possibility inside current subbank. Perhaps if you can't do the above qwerty assignment, then you perhaps can configure a control to step selection in a automation enviroment.

Don't know if ther are other ways.

Hope this helps.

« Last Edit: November 24, 2015, 10:06:33 pm by LBH »

jeromej

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
« Reply #2 on: November 25, 2015, 03:20:27 am »
The arrow keys in the Sound map list mode will do. I was just looking for a way to browse the presets without using the mouse each time. Thank you!

LBH

« Reply #3 on: November 28, 2015, 03:42:19 am »
Good.

I have found out you can rebuildthe Sound Map so all presets will be in it. However - i tried, and even if i get the preset's updated and can see them in list view, then the map view failed. The preset's are in the map and you can select in blind, but nothing to see in the map. Anyone who know's why and what to do?

Carbonate design by Bloc
SMF 2.0.17 | SMF © 2019, Simple Machines