April 20, 2024, 06:37:02 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register
News:

Arturia Forums

Author Topic: Half-pedaling works only in Edit mode?  (Read 2094 times)

samtrino

• Apprentice
Half-pedaling works only in Edit mode?
« on: November 20, 2015, 09:13:24 pm »
Hello,
I got a Keylab 88 recently and I'm really digging it as a master controller. There's only one issue I'm having when Usimg my Roland continuous sustain pedal:
- if I'm in Edit mode, I can play continuous/half-pedaling (as suggested in the FAQ using inverted control) and I can see values increasing from 1 to 126 as I press the pedal down
- as soon as I exit the Edit mode, the sustain pedal behaves like a switch and not like a continuous pedal for half-pealing

I tried adjusting the threshold to differnt values (including 0) but it only changes the value at which the sustain either is enabled or disabled.

If I press Edit again it behaves as it should, like a continuous sustain pedal... I can't understand why it was implemented like this, but would be great if we have the option to use the pedal like a continuous controller.

mac.tad

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
Re: Half-pedaling works only in Edit mode?
« Reply #1 on: November 28, 2015, 01:55:45 am »
Hi.

I have exactly the same issue with my kl88 and Roland DP-10 pedal. Which pedal are you using?
It seems like a bug. I have contacted Arturia few weeks ago about this but my ticket is still marked as OPEN. I saw many people complaining about the customer support.

« Last Edit: November 28, 2015, 12:33:01 pm by mac.tad »

samtrino

• Apprentice
Re: Half-pedaling works only in Edit mode?
« Reply #2 on: December 03, 2015, 09:41:35 am »
Hi, I'm using the same DP-10... In the end I followed someone's advice on this forum and connected the pedal to Expression instead of Sustain port, changed expression midi control to 64 and now it's working perfectly fine as continuous/half-pedal ...

I hope Arturia will fix it in future firmware release to allow similar half-pedaling behavior on the Sustain port.

Carbonate design by Bloc
SMF 2.0.17 | SMF © 2019, Simple Machines