March 28, 2024, 02:14:02 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register
News:

Arturia Forums

Author Topic: [SOLVED] saving chained patterns  (Read 15444 times)

barcsdad

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
Re: saving chained patterns
« Reply #30 on: July 26, 2016, 03:44:28 am »
+1 for pattern chain saving!

nwspr

« Reply #31 on: August 04, 2016, 03:23:24 am »
I am surprised and disappointed that you cannot chain sequences into a song and save. I would not have purchased the BeatStep Pro if I had been aware it was limited to live sequencing.  I didn't realize anyone would make a piece of gear with this level of limitation or I would have read more carefully before purchasing.

Will this issue be addressed in future updates... or is Ebay my next stop?

thejohncotton

« Reply #32 on: September 16, 2016, 04:00:33 am »
+1 for saving with chained patterns option available in MCC from next firmware update. I really love this sequencer. Its easy enough to clear patterns but I hate having to write down my chains if I want to remember them.

menegass

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
« Reply #33 on: September 17, 2016, 11:43:44 am »
+1 for pattern chain saving!

Even better if you could have more than one sequence saved.
I could have 16 places to save, no editor, could
only overlap.
============
Menegasso
============

WALdmuSIK

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
« Reply #34 on: September 18, 2016, 09:04:22 pm »
+1 for saving pattern chains

scottoforan

« Reply #35 on: September 22, 2016, 03:03:46 pm »
Another vote for saving Chained Patterns please, I combine improvising with structured song material. I would really like to have that extra hand for playing other instruments. Thank you Arturia!

baneizalfe

« Reply #36 on: November 21, 2016, 08:09:13 am »
+100 For pattern chain save option. A song mode is a must for v1.5

Endre70

« Reply #37 on: December 27, 2016, 09:39:27 pm »
Hi Arturia people and forums folks.

Can anyone explain why saving chains is not on the menu for future uppgrades? Technical problems?  Gonna be a feature in future products?  Etc.. I am really curious.

Seems so logical to implement, and so logical for musicians to be able to save song structures before gigs etc etc..

I also find it logical that Arturia, with their physical  product (prob costing a lot to develop) , can expand the usage with a bit of programming, and thereby make it 'industri standard' and draw even more customers with (relative) small develop cost.

Getting a rumour for listening to their customers, and doing what's in their power to fix/break obstacles is not a bad company strategy. Especially in the long run...

But, if there is a fundamental hinder for making the save option available, then customers  will understand.

Arturia: Please elaborate.

megamarkd

• Dead By Dawn
« Reply #38 on: December 28, 2016, 08:51:49 am »
Okay, BSP doesn't have song mode and costs aprox. $249usd.
Social Entropy Engine has 8 polyphonic tracks as well as a pattern chaining function.  The base model has no cv outputs.  The cv-expanded bundle cost $790usd.
Sequentrix Cirklon boasts 64 tracks (4 banks of 16 tracks usable at once) with polyphonic pattern capabilities and realtime recording.  Again no cv interface on the base model but does have 5 MIDI ins and outs.  The Cirklon + CVIO breakout is aprox. $1,448usd.
Squarp Pyramid is a polyphonic 64 track sequencer with a song mode.  I can record in step-mode or realtime.  Come with 2 CV in/outs and 2 trig in/outs on top of MIDI and dinsync.  The Pyramid is $635usd.
Korg SQ-1 is a 2 track step sequencer with no song or chain mode, simple cv and gate out and a minijack MIDI out. It costs about $99usd.

Now, there are some other step-sequencers (two actually full blown sequencers with a step-record mode, like my QY700, my Q70 and my M1).  Do you notice anything similar about the ones with song mode/pattern chain mode?
Currently running https://www.modulargrid.net/e/racks/view/1311723 / www.modulargrid.net, sequencing with KSP and recording with a Zoom (no DAW involved, for better or worse ;) )

Endre70

« Reply #39 on: December 28, 2016, 02:40:42 pm »
Yes.

And more the reason for BSP to become 'industry standard', cleaning the table..

Think volume / profit with relative low cost to achive. But thats for Arturia to figure out in the end.
Im just guessing after seing the potential in an already cool product, with a great rep for value/money. Taking future steps by listening to  what musicians miss in BSP could only manifest its position.

jocksbeat

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
« Reply #40 on: January 01, 2017, 02:18:04 pm »
Glen Darcy of Arturia mentioned on BeatPPL podcast about Drumbrute, that the guy who worked with the sequencer for Drumbrute, was also involved in the Beatstep pro sequencer. He said that Arturia would focus on new functions for Beatstep pro, once Drumbrute goes into production! I have high hopes now... ;)

turbo_kev

« Reply #41 on: January 25, 2017, 08:24:45 pm »
looks like we might be getting it

if you watch the sonic state video on the matrixibrute from namm 2017
pattern chain saving was mentioned in a upcoming firmwear update

from 2.15 onwards
http://www.sonicstate.com/news/2017/01/19/namm-2017-arturia-matrix-brute-drum-brute-demo/

cheers
kev
« Last Edit: January 26, 2017, 08:08:27 pm by turbo_kev »
BWS 3.0.0,Spark LE, V Collection 6.2, BS1 & BS PRO, Keystep & Keystep pro  keylab 25, Axiom pro 49,Behringer UMC1820,Launch pad pro,ProFx8 v2,Icon m+ & D2,KRK 10/3,win 10 pro,i7 5820k 4ghz ,16G ddr 4 ,1TB NVMe.M2, msi x99a sli + , NV GF Gt 710, Matrix Brute  Roland TR8S

Carlotter

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
« Reply #42 on: February 24, 2017, 10:46:57 am »
+1 just bought a beatstep pro to sequence a drum machine & minitaur live on the basis I saw in the marketing blurb you can chain patterns but found out by reading the manual you can't save them. Fingers crossed this will make it to the next firmware update!

funktree

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
« Reply #43 on: March 09, 2017, 03:37:53 am »
+1

Kwerker2009

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
« Reply #44 on: March 31, 2017, 01:08:24 pm »
+1!

Very frustrating not being able to save chains = "hick-up" in the work flow....

/Bo

Carbonate design by Bloc
SMF 2.0.17 | SMF © 2019, Simple Machines