March 28, 2024, 05:55:17 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register
News:

Arturia Forums

Author Topic: ANALOG LAB as VST  (Read 17350 times)

orfeu

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
ANALOG LAB as VST
« on: November 16, 2015, 06:59:21 pm »
hi, how can i use analob lab by ableton lugin, im searching for hours reading foruns, and some say for you try to find the folder "vst plugin ", on the local disk, i even dont have that folder.    ??? ??? ??? ???

someone can help me

thanks

LBH

Re: ANALOG LAB as VST
« Reply #1 on: November 16, 2015, 09:44:17 pm »
hi, how can i use analob lab by ableton lugin, im searching for hours reading foruns, and some say for you try to find the folder "vst plugin ", on the local disk, i even dont have that folder.    ??? ??? ??? ???

someone can help me

thanks

1. You shall have or create a folder where you have your VST's including Analog Lab.
2. Then you shall be sure you set Ableton to use VST's in that folder. I don't use ableton. But it must be set somewhere.

Use Ableton Manual.

Hope this will help. That's what i can do.

orfeu

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
« Reply #2 on: November 17, 2015, 06:21:57 pm »
hi, thanks for help,

where should i creat the folder? just ableton main folder or inside somewhere else?

thanks

orfeu

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
« Reply #3 on: November 17, 2015, 06:29:54 pm »
i was also checking this page https://www.oscillicious.com/support/how-to-use-vst-plugins-in-ableton-live/

and should i create a folder with this directory C:\VST Plugins ???    how can i get  analob insite the folder ?

LBH

« Reply #4 on: November 17, 2015, 06:37:39 pm »
I guess Ableton write something about it's default folder paths in their manual.
In therory you can have the folder where you'd like, as long Ableton knows where it is. Just don't have it where it can be erased by updates or other things.
But you must already have a VST folder. You must at least have the Analog Lab VST. The path for that you set when you install Analog Lab.
You might have other VST's.
It can be a good idea, to have all your VST's in a single folder if they are all the same kind - like 64 bit. You find a way.
VST's can be moved. Just remember install and update path is set to the correct folder, when you install and update so nothing get mixed up.

orfeu

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
« Reply #5 on: November 17, 2015, 06:56:21 pm »
i should have Analog Lab VST i dont find, in here " C:\Program Files (x86)\Arturia\Analog Lab" i just have 3 files  AnalogLab (application), unins000.dat and unins000

LBH

« Reply #6 on: November 17, 2015, 07:42:32 pm »
No. The VST is not in that folder. You have a application for the standalone version. The applikation in the folder you mention is 32 Bit.
But you also have VST's in both 32 and 64 bit versions. If you use 64 bit OS and 63 bit ableton, then you should use the 64 bit VST.
If you start the instalation of Analog Lab, then read the path where the VST versions is installed. I have selected another path for mine that the default. Always read things before you continue a install.  And cancel if you don't wan't to install.

EDIT: You can also use windows search to find the vstplugin folder. As i remember analog lab is installed in a folder with that name, as Steinberg uses that folder name, and the vst format is a steinberg format.
« Last Edit: November 17, 2015, 07:49:39 pm by LBH »

orfeu

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
« Reply #7 on: November 18, 2015, 03:13:36 pm »
it works now thanks to everyone who helps

;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

Zushikikato

« Reply #8 on: January 24, 2018, 03:35:13 am »
So where did you find it? I have the same problem. Can't locate my VSTs from Analog Lab although I both 32bit programs installed on my computer. (Ableton and AnalogLab 3)

LBH

« Reply #9 on: January 24, 2018, 02:08:32 pm »
The questions to ask your self is:
1. Do i use 32 or 64 bit DAW/ Ableton?

2. Where have i installed my 32 and 64 bit plug-ins? (32 bit plug-in for 32 bit DAW and 64 bit plug-in for 64 bit DAW. The path was set during installing the plug-ins. It's not the same path as the standalone install path.)

3. What path does my DAW point at to look for plug-ins? (This path should be the same as the path for your installed plug-ins. Informations about this can be found in Ableton help base and in Ableton manual i assume. Also i assume you can see the path/s inside Ableton.)

I don't know if you can use 32 bit plug-ins in 64 bit Ableton without a bridge. But if you have 64 bit plug-ins, then use them anyway in a 64 bit DAW.
You have access to more RAM (If you have over 4 GB) if you use a 64 bit DAW.
So i assume you use 64 bit DAW and plug-ins.
You can't use 64 bit plug-ins in a 32 bit DAW.

Carbonate design by Bloc
SMF 2.0.17 | SMF © 2019, Simple Machines