April 23, 2024, 11:06:27 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register
News:

Arturia Forums

Author Topic: Can't seem to get Beatstep Pro to work for more than a few minutes at a time.  (Read 4546 times)

Gahlord

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
Hey everyone,

I have a Beatstep Pro with firmware 1.2.6 loaded I think. I say "I think" because the Midi Control software says "firmware loaded without error" but the Beatstep Pro itself only reads ERR at the end of the loading sequence.

I've tried the alternative firmware loading process noted here as well:
http://www.arturia.com/faq/installation/beatstep-pro-update-fail-to-op en-the-device-on-mac-osx?highlight=WyJiZWF0c3RlcCIsInBybyIsImJlYXRzdGV wIHBybyJd

My Beatstep Pro has the following pattern:

Turn on and it reads ERR, nothing works.
Turn off and wait for awhile, like 10 minutes or so.
Turn on and then it works I think as it is supposed to work, for about 2 minutes or so.
Then it will either: go back to ERR and not work again (if plugged into a computer) or, if plugged into an iPhone/iPad charger the screen will dim and nothing will work.

This happens without any other cables or MIDI or CV going on, just letting the sequencer run and turning some dials to see how long I can get it to run before it crashes again.

Also, if I touch the roller/loop pad the Beatstep Pro locks up.

This is, of course, very frustrating. I'm hoping there's some simple workaround or something that I've missed in the setup.

Thanks for any insight any of you may have!

papoon

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
I had almost the same problem as you with a new BSP. I would also get error od6 if i remember correctly.You can search my posts for complete details. when I updated the firmware it showed successful on the computer but err on the beatstep pro. It would always lock up when I touched the looper. I would also get the long hung drone notes.
   I posted on here like you have but received no response from Arturia in respect to the cause or possible solution. I returned the BSP and since the retailer had no new unopened box units I just got a refund. I think it is a great product if it works but the amount of bugs reported on the one side with the relative silence from the manufacture has made me really hesitant and disappointed.  :(
  I have been hanging around here on the forum and hoping everything can be worked out with the unit and Arturia can get it working with updates but the lack of replies from Arturia combined with more and more posts like yours seem to leave plenty of reason for concern. :-\

Arturia please respond to this individual. Is this a hardware or firmware issue? Instruct him as to weather he should return this unit for a replacement or instruct him as to how to resolve his issues, it's the right thing to do !

Gahlord

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
I tried the new firmware that was released today also with no luck. I'm going to try again tomorrow.

It's frustrating because it seems like it would be such a great piece of gear if I could just get it to work!

Filterseducer

It's frustrating because it seems like it would be such a great piece of gear if I could just get it to work!
If it doesn't work then it is not a great piece of gear. contact support, if no help or answer, stamp it and return it. You'll save time and frustration.

Edouard_Arturia

• Product Manager
  • Administrator
Hello.

I invite you to go to the Arturia support section and create a ticket.

We will follow your case and engage the warranty process as soon as possible.

www.arturia.com/support/askforhelp

Best Regards

Edouard
DGDGDGDGDG

Valentin Arturia

• Administrator
I had almost the same problem as you with a new BSP. I would also get error od6 if i remember correctly.You can search my posts for complete details. when I updated the firmware it showed successful on the computer but err on the beatstep pro. It would always lock up when I touched the looper. I would also get the long hung drone notes.
  Arturia please respond to this individual. Is this a hardware or firmware issue? Instruct him as to weather he should return this unit for a replacement or instruct him as to how to resolve his issues, it's the right thing to do !

Hi papoon,
Please check it's an "od" error which means an hardware problem.

papoon

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
Hi Valentin, Thank you for the reply and clarification. This is actually good news to me because if it was in fact a hardware issue then I plan to go out and buy another beatstep pro because I returned the first one for refund. I think it is a great product and a great idea. I was hesitant and returned it because I was not sure what was causing the problems. After reading your reply it appears the individual unit I had was simply faulty and it is not problem with all the beatstep pro units. Thanks again and I will be purchasing another beat step pro in the next few days  :)

Valentin Arturia

• Administrator
Hi,
"od" correspond to an issue on the electrical connection between the looper and the mainboard, which correspond to your problem after touching the looper.
Best

Filterseducer

odd

Button Pusher

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
The solution is called Zaquencer.  ;D

roro

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
I really like zaquencer. Really sweet.

I've got one.

I can really recommend it.

Comparing it to Beatstep Pro, to me that's irrelevant.

Zaquencer has been developed in almost 2 years now.

Don't misunderstand me, I respect your opinion.

Robert

Filterseducer

yap, zaquencer is a bit "oldie" but it works fine more than a few minutes at a time. Anyway comparing them technically is not relevant. Personally i'd go for something with less features but all of them fully working.

Button Pusher

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
The Zaquencer works fine ALL the time. I have only noticed it occasionally misses a note but otherwise it's glitch free and 100% stable.

Carbonate design by Bloc
SMF 2.0.17 | SMF © 2019, Simple Machines