March 29, 2024, 11:18:46 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register
News:

Arturia Forums

Author Topic: [SOLVED] Save As not saving project when altering a project that was loaded  (Read 2064 times)

artao

• Voxonitus Soundcloud
So here I am auditioning some drum kits I downloaded, messing about and changing some patterns, setting up a basic song structure.
So I go to "Save As" a new project.
It doesn't actually save my project.
I've tried like 8 times now, and it's simply not saving it. I've tried putting it in the User category, in the category I made under my own name. I've tried different "style" options. Different names.
Nothing works. Seems I can't save this project with the beats I've come up with over the last 1/2 hr to 45 minutes.
And I'm doing this in standalone mode, so I can't just drag the MIDI out into my DAW .. I suppose I can drag the MIDI out to my desktop, then import it into my DAW .. but I can't (at least, I don't think I can) import that MIDI back into Spark for futher standalone use.
VERY annoying bug here.  ???

EDIT: Actually, dragging out the MIDI files to my desktop, then into my DAW, did NOT work ... seeing as I had altered various parameters of the drum sounds I was using. :(
So now all that creative work is pretty much gone, except the basic MIDI structure of the beat and the base drum kit I used while making it.
<sigh>

As much as I love Spark2, sometimes it is really really frustrating. Times such as this.
« Last Edit: November 14, 2015, 10:44:07 am by artao »
This space left intentionally blank.

Terrym

• Global Moderator
    • soundcloud.com/logicaldream
Re: [BUG] Save As not saving project when altering a project that was loaded
« Reply #1 on: November 14, 2015, 09:34:31 am »
Hi , this is working for me in standalone on OS X . what is your system and where are you saving too? have you changed the library path and do you have save sample to library in the pref

Terrym
TerryM
ARTURIA Tester for Minifreak,All software Polybrute,Keystep pro,Audiofuse range, Microfreak,Kl49mkII,DrumBrute,Spark,Analog lab3,KLE,kl88,matrix12,Semv,Beatstep,Minibrute 2,Pigments
ASC,Vcol6, Beatstep pro, VCOL8, Synclavier v.Minibrute2s

artao

• Voxonitus Soundcloud
« Reply #2 on: November 14, 2015, 10:29:10 am »
I'm on Win 7 Professional 64-bit. My Spark library is installed in the default location, and it's correctly set in the Spark preferences. I'm using a kit that I downloaded from the Preset Zone forum here. AFAIK there's no samples to save, they're all already in the library, with the kit.

EDIT: Okay. Looking into it further, I tried Save As using a standard Spark project after altering it, and that worked fine.
Then I noticed that the kits I downloaded have no Bank assigned to them, so I'm guessing that's the problem there. Dang. I'll have to remember that then :\
« Last Edit: November 14, 2015, 10:35:16 am by artao »

Terrym

• Global Moderator
« Reply #3 on: November 14, 2015, 10:33:48 am »
Have you tried to "save as" other projects?  do you have the latest spark update.

Terrym
TerryM
ARTURIA Tester for Minifreak,All software Polybrute,Keystep pro,Audiofuse range, Microfreak,Kl49mkII,DrumBrute,Spark,Analog lab3,KLE,kl88,matrix12,Semv,Beatstep,Minibrute 2,Pigments

artao

• Voxonitus Soundcloud
« Reply #4 on: November 14, 2015, 10:35:53 am »
LOL you apparently posted as I was editing my previous post ... see my edit above :)

Terrym

• Global Moderator
« Reply #5 on: November 14, 2015, 10:37:43 am »
No problem    ;)
TerryM

artao

• Voxonitus Soundcloud
« Reply #6 on: November 14, 2015, 10:39:10 am »
Okay, yeah. If I first create a new project, then load the user-made kit (not the project) I can Save As just fine.
Good to know.
Cancel the bug report then  ;D

EDIT: I also just discovered that I can indeed drag MIDI files into the Sequencer page of Spark2. So that's cool. I don't recall seeing that in the manual, but it's been many months since I read it.
Perhaps it's time for another read-thru ;)
« Last Edit: November 14, 2015, 10:42:48 am by artao »

stuey

• Spark Moderator
There's lots of little things that might not be exactly obvious in Spark2. Some of the workflow things you just have to figure out, some of it isn't very intuitive but just needs time to sit down and use it. Once you discover the pro and cons of it you should find it pretty simple.

Thanks, Stuart
Mac 10.7.5
2.3Ghz Quad Core 'Clovertown'
8 Gb 667 RAM
SSD Boot Drive
Lynx Aurora 8
Lynx AES16
UAD LA 610 Mk 2
UAD 2 Duo
Arturia Spark
Arturia Analog Laboratory 61
Pro Tools 10.3.7