March 28, 2024, 05:38:34 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register
News:

Arturia Forums

Author Topic: Backward compatibility ogs xml format?  (Read 5885 times)

pstnotpd

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
Backward compatibility ogs xml format?
« on: November 11, 2015, 07:13:36 am »
In the topic about the ogs editor it was mentioned that in an earlier OS version the actual format of the export/import files was xml (as an experiment). Are files in this format still available? (perhaps on this forum) and if so, are they readable by the latest OS version (1.4.11) as installed on my desktop?

If so then perhaps we still have a way to edit patches externally..... which in my case would be a great help for the sequencer patterns.

hermitnerd

• Paul Schilling
    • Soundcloud page with synth demos
Re: Backward compatibility ogs xml format?
« Reply #1 on: November 12, 2015, 11:22:47 pm »
Yes good point. All of the .ogs files I have posted in the past (up until 2015) in the Presets and Templates Zone, still seems to have the old xml-based format. I've posted a ton of stuff, but just two examples:

http://forum.arturia.com/index.php?topic=12255.0

http://forum.arturia.com/index.php?topic=6915.0

(search for .ogs)

They load just fine into an Origin with the most recent OS. So it does seem there is backwards compatibility.

pstnotpd

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
« Reply #2 on: November 13, 2015, 07:27:16 am »
Interesting! I'll check what I can do with this. Do you remember which OS version you were on? I guess any stuff that was in later updates is nog accessible, but it looks like a "way in"  :)

Landsphere

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
« Reply #3 on: February 12, 2016, 06:10:03 pm »
Hey Pstnotpd, how did you get on? What was it you were looking for? Given the original thread, editor based?

pstnotpd

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
« Reply #4 on: February 20, 2016, 10:06:17 am »
Well, I did take some files from the archives which actually loaded fine on my origin 1.4.1. The xml elements are recognizable as such but there is some header information and stuff in elements called "chunck data" which are quite mysterious. As I've read that corrupted files might brick the origin I'm a bit hesitant to just try and see what happens.

If Philippe or anyone at arturia is still monitoring: It would be great if we can get a spec posted and/or some way to validate the ogs outside of the origin.

Anyway, this has become somewhat less urgent for me as I got all the sequencer knobs working again and I've got several other "projects" that need my attention.  :D

Carbonate design by Bloc
SMF 2.0.17 | SMF © 2019, Simple Machines