March 28, 2024, 04:21:37 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register
News:

Arturia Forums

Author Topic: Keylab and Arturia rant  (Read 1483 times)

thatguy

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
Keylab and Arturia rant
« on: October 28, 2015, 11:33:44 pm »
This is a grumpy UX rant for the Arturia team. Im sorry Arturia, but in 2015 its not enough to have a great product anymore. It needs to be user friendly as well! And when you ship a product that doesnt work out of the box you will have to expect some ranting like this..

This is why my Keylab is still pretty much untouched.

1. I need to reinstall the damn firmware every time i plug the Arturia in. If not, i get the "Error, failed to open device" message. Even if it detects that the Keylab is plugged in. This makes it very hard to explore how it really work! Results; i dont connect it (and just use the plugin alone)

2. When i finally get it to work, the documentation for setting things up is also quite bad. Take a look at all your competitors. A simple "get started" video for the most popular daws would fix a lot! The Analog lab software in itself is quite intuitive, but why do i need to search the web to find info about setting things up in my daw? What happened to plug and play? Im not interested in learning to hack things on my computer. I just want to play music.

3. And when i finally try to install things the "right" way, I have no idea what the feedback im getting in the display means. I.e. i uploaded a Ableton preset to memory bank 1, and followed the cryptic button combo from the Ableton preset walkthrough pdf. Press - edit - button nr 2 (which is called recall) and press the value knob. In the display i get the feedback "Bnk1:p1 (Control) Mode: Control. Nice.. i have no idea what happened. I guess i have to try and see if something worked (which i dont exactly know what is).

Arturia.. you need to step up your game.. Or at least get people going with your product
« Last Edit: October 29, 2015, 10:20:14 am by thatguy »

Carbonate design by Bloc
SMF 2.0.17 | SMF © 2019, Simple Machines