April 25, 2024, 11:53:50 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register
News:

Arturia Forums

Author Topic: Pad Velocity Sensitivity Ridiculously Low  (Read 3343 times)

davidmolina

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
Pad Velocity Sensitivity Ridiculously Low
« on: October 22, 2015, 05:22:18 am »
I just purchased a Keylab 49 Black and I'm trying to set up the pads but their sensitivity is exremely low. In order to get some decent velocity out of them I have to hit them ridiculously hard and I feel I will break them, besides my fingers just hurting after 4 or 5 hits.

I've tried every Pad Velocity Curve in MIDI Control Center but they are all way too low or just a single very high velocity. I've read about several people having the same issue. Anyone know of a fix or setting? I have the latest firmware installed.

Jorgalad

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
Re: Pad Velocity Sensitivity Ridiculously Low
« Reply #1 on: October 23, 2015, 01:24:53 pm »
I think it might be the latest firmware, for some reason my pads only send a max value of 110 velocity since the upgrade

davidmolina

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
« Reply #2 on: October 26, 2015, 11:38:44 pm »
Yes, that was it. Thanks! I just reverted back to v1.29 and it mostly corrected the issue. I still can't go past around velocity 120 but at least I've got much better response now. Hopefully they correct it soon!

Jorgalad

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
« Reply #3 on: October 27, 2015, 08:28:25 am »
Thanks for verifying, now I'm considering going back too. Although I changed most of my code already to work with this new system. I also noticed that using the keyboard to edit values (like velocity curves) often does a better job than the software editor.
So you could try that for the pads.

Carbonate design by Bloc
SMF 2.0.17 | SMF © 2019, Simple Machines