March 29, 2024, 10:50:58 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register
News:

Arturia Forums

Author Topic: FEATURE IMPLEMENTATION  (Read 2558 times)

Leshrac

FEATURE IMPLEMENTATION
« on: October 18, 2015, 05:59:48 pm »
hey all,

i really love the beatstep pro and i thought about additional features and how to involve them
to the existing firmware:

COPY STEP:
reason* sometimes its a mess to rotate the encoders to hell and heaven just to set values of all steps
to the same state:

PRESS and HOLD the source STEP to copy, then PRESS and HOLD SHIFT followe by pressing RECORD to COPY the STEP "in the buffer"
PRESS and HOLD the destination STEP, then PRESS and HOLD SHIFT followed by pressing PLAY. the pressed STEP now has the informations of
the source step .. will evolve the workflow dramaticly. try it out arturia how fast you create more interesting patterns without wiggling the pots to death !

PATTERN ITERATION:
PRESS and HOLD SHIFT followed by PRESSING and HOLDING the desired SEQUENCE BUTTON . hold it down! . now press << or >> to move all steps
of a sequence one step back or forth

SINGLE DRUM ITERATION:
PRESS and HOLD SHIFT followed by PRESSING and HOLDING DRUM (left hand) + desired DRUMPAD BUTTON (right hand) ** ..
 now press << or >> to move the TRIGGERSTEPS of a single DRUMPAD

** alternative LED BLINKIN could visualize a LATCH STATE for this COMMAND ??

PATTERN CHANGE BEHAVIUR:
 SHIFT + PRST LNK + any SEQUENCE activate pattern change ONLY AFTER the last step of the choosen SEQUENCE is reached
do the combo again on the same SEQUENCE again deactivate this mode

PATTERN CHAIN:
*PRST LNK active !
select any sequence, PRESS and HOLD down SHIFT+RECORD+PLAY, press the steps to get chained, blinking led as activation respone ?!

could be the beginning of a songmode ;) there is just the question left if there is a four bar long sequence and a three bar long sequence and
where to change the pattern then .. set priority anyhow?
would also be possible to use the encoders for changing the repeat (03x, 05x, 1x, 1,5x, 2x .. etc) of the pressed CHAIN STEP

would be great to get some feedback by the commi and the makers ;)

great tool .. hope it grows and u wouldnt let it die

st.bede

Re: FEATURE IMPLEMENTATION
« Reply #1 on: November 21, 2015, 05:42:49 pm »
Songmode would greatly appreciated. I also think it would bring in many more buyers. Anyone who wants the flow of a step sequencer for creation of more complex ideas. After using DAW for years I have come to hate them. Clicking and scrolling is not a musical creation process, where as, the beatstep pro has a musical flow.

verstaerker

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
« Reply #2 on: November 24, 2015, 10:03:15 am »
i'd like to request
1.the ability to save the sync-option (int,ext,clock) with the project
2. the option to turn off midi-output for each sequencer
« Last Edit: November 24, 2015, 10:15:30 am by verstaerker »

vykaar

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
« Reply #3 on: November 24, 2015, 11:24:00 pm »
Yes I agree this would be useful
1.the ability to save the sync-option (int,ext,clock) with the project - so it can default to midi sync on power up for example.
2. the option to turn off midi-output for each sequencer - while the CV and Gate continue to play?
« Last Edit: November 25, 2015, 12:00:03 am by vykaar »

dunes

« Reply #4 on: November 25, 2015, 01:01:39 am »
+1 on the copy step..   basically it would work similar to the elektron sequencer. the ability to copy a pitch, gate, velocity value would immensely improve this already wonderful tool..    Another feature that would be great is some sort of autosave per pattern?  after jamming I dont always remember to go through the save pattern routine.. itd be nice if it would autosave on shut down like elektron/808/909/707.. basically every other x0x style sequencer

verstaerker

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
« Reply #5 on: November 25, 2015, 09:21:10 am »
Yes I agree this would be useful

2. the option to turn off midi-output for each sequencer - while the CV and Gate continue to play?

exactly.. why spamming the midi-buss with not needed data
in my setup i use sequencer 1 only for CV-Gate, seq 2 only for midi .. and the drum seq for cv gate ... so i'm sending on two channels a lot of data that i only have to filter out

splubp

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
« Reply #6 on: November 25, 2015, 01:21:09 pm »
+1 for some kind of song mode

Carbonate design by Bloc
SMF 2.0.17 | SMF © 2019, Simple Machines