April 26, 2024, 02:48:49 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register
News:

Arturia Forums

Author Topic: BSP no USB connection  (Read 3737 times)

Hitch17

BSP no USB connection
« on: October 17, 2015, 04:57:45 pm »
Hi all

My BSP has suddenly stopped communicating over usb. It won't hook up at all. When plugged in, the usb hub flashes for a few seconds then drops the connection. Its the same directly hooked to the mac (no hub) and when using the power adaptor or a direct connection. Any thoughts out there, or is this a hardware issue?

uncooked

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
Re: BSP no USB connection
« Reply #1 on: October 21, 2015, 11:02:33 pm »
I'm having the exact same issue.

Terrym

• Global Moderator
    • soundcloud.com/logicaldream
« Reply #2 on: October 22, 2015, 04:15:40 pm »
Hi

If you are on a mac try deleting the midi driver then reconnecting first directly.

the driver is in your audio midi setup on your mac

Terrym

TerryM
ARTURIA Tester for Minifreak,All software Polybrute,Keystep pro,Audiofuse range, Microfreak,Kl49mkII,DrumBrute,Spark,Analog lab3,KLE,kl88,matrix12,Semv,Beatstep,Minibrute 2,Pigments
ASC,Vcol6, Beatstep pro, VCOL8, Synclavier v.Minibrute2s

Rebecca@arturia

« Reply #3 on: October 22, 2015, 08:00:46 pm »
Hi all

My BSP has suddenly stopped communicating over usb. It won't hook up at all. When plugged in, the usb hub flashes for a few seconds then drops the connection. Its the same directly hooked to the mac (no hub) and when using the power adaptor or a direct connection. Any thoughts out there, or is this a hardware issue?

Is it turning off entirely?  If so it could be a hardware issue with the USB connection.

Ypsi Kid

« Reply #4 on: November 18, 2015, 05:38:28 pm »
Just wondering what happened with this one, as exact same thing has happened to me.  The BSP won't even budge if I have it attached to the triangle dongle thing with power, only if I use the USB directly do I get a flash and only then when I hold the USB connector a certain way.

Really sucks as I've only had it for a few months and just ordered a modular rig.  Now I have nothing to run the rig and no clock source.  How long will this take to get replaced (I've already opened a ticket with Arturia Support)?  I've also spoked with the store I purchased from and they said they'd have to send it back to get fixed (thinking this is at least a 6 week process).

Bumped out and hope (living on a prayer) that the issue is not hardware.  Either way, this sucks - if this is being touted as the central hub for your rig and the usb connector is failing after 3 months, is a concern.  Maybe just a bad batch?

Any ways, hoping the OP can comment - thanks.

Ypsi Kid
http://www.soundcloud.com/Ypsi-Kid

STØJ

« Reply #5 on: November 26, 2015, 10:28:36 pm »
I am having same problem. I just opened a new thread. Did anybody found solution to this problem?

RSP

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
« Reply #6 on: November 26, 2015, 11:59:08 pm »
I started having a similar problem since I installed the latest firmware, but it seems like it might be a false disconnect error from Midi Control Center (I only use it standalone so I don't know if it's having trouble with other USB midi hosts apart from MCC).  It's actually connecting fine, MCC just thinks it hasn't connected and won't sync, but changes in MCC are uploaded to the BSP just fine.  I've found that if I switch from BSP to a different device (that isn't actually connected) in MCC and then back to Beatstep Pro, and then click on the Firmware Revision butting (that displays "unknown" it suddenly syncs everything and works as normal, but it's a hassle.

RSP

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
« Reply #7 on: November 29, 2015, 05:55:28 pm »
Had time to check things out more, it's definitely the ground loop dongle as described by other posters.  Midi Control Center can send to the BSP but not receive from it when using the dongle, works fine (but produces a nasty ground loop in my setup) when the USB connection is directly between computer and BSP.

unfinder

« Reply #8 on: March 15, 2016, 10:06:02 pm »
Was anyone successful with getting their Y-splitter to to work with a USB connection?  I'm able to use the BSP with my Mac when it's connected via a single USB connection, but this produces the dreaded ground hum when I use it with my modular, which is the sole reason I bought the BSP to begin with.  When I connect with the included Y-splitter, the power side functions as expected, but the PC side does not connect at all. It's pretty disappointing, to say the least, that my ability to record my rig boils down to a $10-20 custom component working.   

Incidentally, I filed a ticket with customer service and got a prompt reply from Rebecca (not sure if that's the same person in this forum).  I was told to provide my address and a new y-splitter would be sent to me.  This was on Feb 10 and it's now March 15th, nothing has been sent to me and since then all my further inquiries for even a simple update have been ignored.  I don't usually waste my time getting upset at companies, I understand how all kinds of things can happen in the background, but to tell the truth not getting any follow up is starting to really irk me.  I honestly feel like I'm being ignored for a legitimate concern.

-brian

Zymos

« Reply #9 on: March 15, 2016, 10:30:38 pm »
I'm using the Y thing with no issues.
Though the weird thing is, I used the BSP for months with no hum and didn't even need it. Not sure what happened, but one day I started getting a loud hum so had to dig it out.

I know this is a lame solution since the money will come out of your own pocket, but if Arturia keeps ignoring you, you can find a USB isolator on Amazon for not much $$.

jose

« Reply #10 on: March 24, 2016, 11:16:49 am »
I am having same problem here..... COULD ANY ONE DO A TUTORIAL ON HOW TO HARD WIRE THE USB????? WOULD MAKE LIFE MUCH EASIER FOR ABSP USERS!!!!!!

paulshillito

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
« Reply #11 on: April 02, 2016, 11:10:31 pm »
Had the same problem, the USB connector just fell off after a while, so I hard-wired the original USB cable to the PCB, it's relatively easy to do but because of the small size of the contacts its a bit of a fiddly job. You need a fine soldering iron and an eye piece to check you've done it right afterwards but it fixes the problem for good :-)

paulshillito

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
« Reply #12 on: April 10, 2016, 12:34:40 pm »
I have made a video on how to hard wire the USB cable to the BeatStep Pro, its on Youtube here https://youtu.be/EN3Ae-ktmjA and also posted the complete post in the BeatStep Pro tech section in the forum here http://forum.arturia.com/index.php?topic=87293.0

Carbonate design by Bloc
SMF 2.0.17 | SMF © 2019, Simple Machines