March 28, 2024, 06:11:13 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register
News:

Arturia Forums

Author Topic: Firmware wont update (FOUND A FIX for this see reply)  (Read 1455 times)

paulshillito

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
Firmware wont update (FOUND A FIX for this see reply)
« on: October 17, 2015, 01:23:15 am »
I have a minibrute with 1.01 firmware, tried to update to 1.032 but it either stops half way and says it can not connect or on a different PC it says its starts to do something then says unable to prepare a connection and fails.

I have tried the starting with both octave keys pressed but then it just cannot connect to the minibrute so you can not select update firmware manually because is says not editing is possible with no connection. Also on the 1st PC if you change a switch setting on the updater it just kills the connection to the minibrute and disconnects it.

Tried different leads and USB ports with no avail, both PC's are running Win 7

Does anyone have any ideas as all the things in the manual and on the forums do not work.
« Last Edit: October 17, 2015, 02:46:26 pm by paulshillito »

paulshillito

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
Re: Firmware wont update (FOUND A FIX for this)
« Reply #1 on: October 17, 2015, 02:45:14 pm »
OK, now this is something that should be pinned to stop a lot of head scratching and confusion.

I looks like the firmware does not like bring updated from a 1.0.1 to 1.0.3.2 without being first updated to 1.0.2

I did the update to 1.0.2 and it work perfectly 1st time, then i did the update to 1.0.3.2 and again it worked perfectly. It looks like the update works upon the changes from the previous update and if you miss out one then it does not interface correctly and then fails.

So the moral of the story is that you have to update in sequence and not miss out any updates in between or you'll be having a lot of unnecessary problems.

Carbonate design by Bloc
SMF 2.0.17 | SMF © 2019, Simple Machines