April 24, 2024, 03:30:17 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register
News:

Arturia Forums

Author Topic: Clock In via Trigger Input Doesn't Work ... HELP  (Read 1841 times)

matia

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
Clock In via Trigger Input Doesn't Work ... HELP
« on: October 04, 2015, 08:10:08 pm »
Ok so I've been pulling my hair out trying to get this thing to sync to a trigger pulse from a Roland TR 808. The BSP is set to 1step via its midi software editor and is set to clock on the sync setting on the hardware box. I know my cables are good and I am plugged into the correct input port. Everything I've tried doesn't work. I know the 808 has a strong pulse so I tried a Korg SQ1 with both its sync out and gate out and it still won't sync. When I switch the clock in to din sync and connect it to the 808 everything works exactly as it should. Has anyone successfully synced it to clock pulses. What precise voltage is it looking for for this port to work. Also I did manually hit play as you have to on most analog sequencers so I also know it's not that. And I'm on the latest firmware.

drxcm

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
Re: Clock In via Trigger Input Doesn't Work ... HELP
« Reply #1 on: October 05, 2015, 12:15:42 am »
This is being discussed in the main Firmware 12.0.6 thread - http://forum.arturia.com/index.php?topic=85574.0

Basically the latest firmware doesn't allow analog clock sync using a TS cable (needs a convuluted and technically challenging TRS cable which supplies a state voltage to "run" the sequencer).

A major step backwards for anyone using modular / analog clock.

Not sure why it was decided to do this - the old firmware will let you do what you want though.

I'm thinking about returning my BSP - its' going from bad to worse (for my modular needs).

Vic-tor

• Sound designer & Jedi
  • Global Moderator
Re: Clock In via Trigger Input Doesn't Work ... HELP
« Reply #2 on: October 06, 2015, 09:53:25 am »
Hey !

Just so you know, you can roll back to the previous firmware version to have the old clock behaviour for now :

http://www.arturia.com/support/updates&manuals#beatstep-pro (click on Show Archives)

Also know that this old behaviour will most probably be implemented again in the near future (they are listening :) but any modification takes time for testing)

Carbonate design by Bloc
SMF 2.0.17 | SMF © 2019, Simple Machines