April 19, 2024, 01:32:19 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register
News:

Arturia Forums

Author Topic: How to record midi sequences in Studio One V3 with Spark VST and SparkLE?  (Read 2865 times)

ProhibitCrashes

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
Hi, there I wonder how I can record in Midi Sequences in Studio One V3 with the SparkLE Hardware together with Spark VST onto the dedicated midi track in Studio One (not in the Spark Sequencer)? I can see in my midi track, saying 'Spark' and when I hit a Pad on the SparkLE, I can hear (and see) the sound through the mixing-channel in the mixing console.

But when I wanna record a loop/sequence in the dedicated midi track, it doesn't react on the SparkLE. I can see a signal in the track, when I hit my Masterkeyboard, but no sounds are connected to Keyboard. When hitting the Pads on SparkLE I can not see a signal routed to the track.

Also when I try a workaround (but that's not how I want it) and drag the midi button to the track, there is only one key transfered, not the whole sequence of the pattern. Ans also like I said, I can hear no sound, because the midi track is assigned to my keyboard, not to SparkLE.

I assume it's only a config problem, but I don't know, where to push the right buttons.

I've also found a tut vid, how it's done, to route every channel of Spark to audio tracks and record from the Spark Pattern to audio, but that's not how I want to record - I want the Midi Data recorded, because it's easier to manipulate and to change arrangement.

ProhibitCrashes

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
Update: My issue has been handed over to 2nd level support.

If someone has got the same problem, please report here. If someone has a solution to this, please tell here, too.
« Last Edit: October 06, 2015, 01:08:37 pm by ProhibitCrashes »

Terrym

• Global Moderator
    • soundcloud.com/logicaldream
Hi , i just wondered if you have the midi pads set to the correct midi notes . can you play on your keyboard  and of the drum sounds ,if so  you may find the notes recorded to the track are on a different octave to the pads .

regards

Terrym
TerryM
ARTURIA Tester for Minifreak,All software Polybrute,Keystep pro,Audiofuse range, Microfreak,Kl49mkII,DrumBrute,Spark,Analog lab3,KLE,kl88,matrix12,Semv,Beatstep,Minibrute 2,Pigments
ASC,Vcol6, Beatstep pro, VCOL8, Synclavier v.Minibrute2s

ProhibitCrashes

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
Now I can bring midi recording into the midi track with Spark LE, but now the Spark VST cannot connect to the Spark LE Hardware... So no midi exchange between Spark LE/midi track and VST is possible... Hmmm... Why that?

What I did: Created a SparkLE Midi Device in Studio One (Set 'Send to' to 'MIDI OUT2 (USB2-MIDI emulated)', Set 'Receive from' to 'SparkLE', Switched in the Spark LE to the SparkLE midi device, ticked 'Send midi from Sequencer' and 'Send midi from Pads' in Spark GUI.

ProhibitCrashes

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
Spark Manual says I have to disable some Midi Connections. But I cannot find the right configuration option for this. The Midi Settings are quite limited in S1, so I have not the forementioned options, as the Spark manual says. There is no 'Spark private in' or 'Spark private out'....

ProhibitCrashes

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
It's a bit weird. After an update of Studio One I cann now record Midi to my Midi track with the Pads of Spark LE. But I can only use the pads (they don't light up, because strangely Spark says, that it couldn't connect to Spark LE). Even the internal Sequencer is always running, when I record or play in the daw, even if I deactivate it....

I will try on....

ProhibitCrashes

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
Re: How to record midi sequences in Studio One V3 with Spark VST and SparkLE?
« Reply #6 on: November 01, 2015, 10:14:15 am »
New Update of the Spark Software. I Will install it and try again. Thanks Arturia!

Carbonate design by Bloc
SMF 2.0.17 | SMF © 2019, Simple Machines