April 16, 2024, 12:54:55 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register
News:

Arturia Forums

Author Topic: Midi trough and 3 devices  (Read 1975 times)

Rupertt

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
Midi trough and 3 devices
« on: September 26, 2015, 06:35:06 pm »
Hello,

i just hooked up a sampler and 2 synth on the midi out and my midi keyboard on midi in.
Now i would like to sequence the sampler on channel 11 and the 2 synth on 1 and 12.
When I set the drum channel to 2 i can play the drums on my midi keyboard, but when i set the sampler
to channel 11, i cant play the drums on may keyboard, but i can play them on the BSP.
Same with the synth. It seems the BSP doesnt forward all the midi channels.

I would like to play the synth sometimes, and sometimes id like to let the BSP do the job.

did i miss something?

Zymos

Re: Midi trough and 3 devices
« Reply #1 on: September 26, 2015, 06:39:37 pm »
If you are thinking that the BSP is only transmitting certain channels but filtering out others, you should try only one device at a time connected to the MIDI out- that way you can tell for sure if it is the BSP or something else in your chain.

Rupertt

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
« Reply #2 on: September 26, 2015, 07:18:35 pm »
Hello,
i just did that.

Without the BSP everything reacts on its channel, with the BSP it seems chaotic. cant say what device gets triggert.

Zymos

« Reply #3 on: September 26, 2015, 07:24:12 pm »
Sorry, that's not what I meant. Have you tried keyboard in to the BSP, but only one device at a time connected to the BSP MIDI out?
    Helps troubleshooting to try the simplest setup possible....

Rupertt

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
« Reply #4 on: September 26, 2015, 07:35:35 pm »
the same.

i just had a Virus after the BSP.
The BSP plays the virus on Channel 2, when I set the keyboard to channel 2 it doesnt play, but when I set the Virus to channel 1 it plays.
I could reproduce that with channing the channel on the virus, so the BSP is doing something to the midi stream.

Garak

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
« Reply #5 on: September 27, 2015, 02:23:25 am »
I find there's a lot of set up and troubleshooting whenever I'm putting the BSP in the chain, but it's always something fixable.

I wouldn't work with, say, the virus as both midi in and out. I'd have a non-sequenced keyboard going in. To test and isolate the problem. I'd also check that keyboard as to what it sends, when.

For instance, I was sending midi clock to BSP from machinedrum. But when I played the machine drums own sequence, it was sending midi notes to the BSP and transposing its sequences. 

So I had to turn midi send off in the machine drum. So it could place sequences without messing with everyone else.

mCC has a section I believe which tells the BSP which channels to listen for in midi in.

Hope you find a solution.

Rupertt

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
« Reply #6 on: October 07, 2015, 07:18:26 am »
Hello,

I somehow did manage to get everything working.
I did set each channel in the MMC, 1 and 2 for synth, 3 for drums, i also set the receiving channel to 3 for the drums.
The main channel for the BSP is 5 now.

But now i want to use the multimode on my sampler and did set that to channel 6, when i now set my midi keyboard to 6 nothing happens.
I can play the Pads on the BSP when its set to 6.

Is there a way to stop the BSP to mess with the midi stream?

Xirso

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
« Reply #7 on: October 07, 2015, 06:36:17 pm »
Reading this topic, I had the impression that I read a similar problem before. It was in this topic
http://forum.arturia.com/index.php?topic=85521.0
RichMakeGame answered "I can answer one question- when playing a sequence, midi in to that channel becomes transpose by design. If you mute the sequencer, notes will come through again".
Perhaps it can help you....or not.

Rupertt

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
« Reply #8 on: October 11, 2015, 09:04:07 pm »
looks like i need a bigger midi merger. The BSP doesnt let any signals through that are not on one of the 3 BSP Channels.

Carbonate design by Bloc
SMF 2.0.17 | SMF © 2019, Simple Machines