March 29, 2024, 05:51:07 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register
News:

Arturia Forums

Author Topic: Firmware 1.2.0.6 is out!  (Read 21096 times)

pablodiscobol

Re: Firmware 1.2.0.6 is out!
« Reply #45 on: September 30, 2015, 11:25:47 pm »
I have a weird thing going on ever since the latest firmware update, my sequencer one (linked via midi to my volca keys) won't mute, it just keeps playing but on a different tone. Anybody else had the same issue? any suggestions? my sequencer 2 (via midi to my volca bass) works normal.
is it a midi thing, is it he firmware update, or is it hardware related?

RichMakeGame

« Reply #46 on: September 30, 2015, 11:41:16 pm »
We thought sequence and that's why we work with a state signal (a clock alone does not have sense for sequencing without a state), but we have forgotten other uses you can have like (why not?) sync your BSP with an LFO or clock . We will try to solve it for the next version.

I would like to point out that page 52 of the manual says you can use a ts cable for clock pulse only. If you read it before purchasing it implies that modular clock only signals will work with the bsp (one of the reasons i bought it)

Dave1737

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
« Reply #47 on: October 01, 2015, 02:06:58 am »
I have a weird thing going on ever since the latest firmware update, my sequencer one (linked via midi to my volca keys) won't mute, it just keeps playing but on a different tone. Anybody else had the same issue? any suggestions? my sequencer 2 (via midi to my volca bass) works normal.
is it a midi thing, is it he firmware update, or is it hardware related?

Don't have an answer, sorry. I also use the Volca, keys and bass, with the BSP. But I slave the BSP using my ES-1. Wondering if you use your BSP as the master clock or not since my biggest issue has been midi slave failing. Looking for any suggestions.

Garak

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
« Reply #48 on: October 01, 2015, 04:22:32 pm »
It seems to me that the documentation/communication with customers on what's being changed, what will work and will not, is really not up to the level of detail needed for us to make this a working part of our studios.

This is an easy fix, technicians behind the firmware can write comprehensive release notes advising users of changes in function.

However, the lack of or slow response from Arturia, and the knee jerk "are you sure it's sending clock" responses only make this process even more frustrating.

Meanwhile I'm still not convinced I should be upgrading, does midi external did clock work? Are live performances being recorded and sequenced correctly?

I'm starting to see how sophisticated the volca internal sequencers are now, in that they "just work", they may have significantly fewer features, but it's a worlds more positive experience than either of the beat steps Arturia has put out where the attitude sometimes feels like

"if it's not working, it's probably the customers fault"
or
"you're required to help us fix our product to make it do what we said it would do when you paid us"

Liquidyzer

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
« Reply #49 on: October 02, 2015, 02:02:17 am »
Massive ball drop on clock sync. Almost makes me feel like no one at arturia is actually using a current modular system.

Maybe arturia can argue that a lot of customers are using vintage analog gear that may use this system, but then why use mini jacks? Surely a nod to eurorack users?

Trs-3 is not the standard for clocking in eurorack. I'm actually struggling to find one clock or sequencer module that actually uses it? My 4ms doesn't, doepfer doesn't, I've just opened the box and faced this after updating and having to dig around on forums... A return for me I'm afraid :(

psn

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
« Reply #50 on: October 02, 2015, 08:12:26 am »
Yeah, what gear actually runs synch over a TRS minijack?

RichMakeGame

« Reply #51 on: October 02, 2015, 09:01:16 am »
We thought sequence and that's why we work with a state signal (a clock alone does not have sense for sequencing without a state), but we have forgotten other uses you can have like (why not?) sync your BSP with an LFO or clock . We will try to solve it for the next version.

Any eta on next version? Will it be a similar wait to the last one :/

Vic-tor

• Sound designer & Jedi
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #52 on: October 02, 2015, 10:12:32 am »
Massive ball drop on clock sync. Almost makes me feel like no one at arturia is actually using a current modular system.

Maybe arturia can argue that a lot of customers are using vintage analog gear that may use this system, but then why use mini jacks? Surely a nod to eurorack users?

Trs-3 is not the standard for clocking in eurorack. I'm actually struggling to find one clock or sequencer module that actually uses it? My 4ms doesn't, doepfer doesn't, I've just opened the box and faced this after updating and having to dig around on forums... A return for me I'm afraid :(

Hey !

If you roll back to the previous firmware version (1.1.1.6), you'll be able to use your clock modules. From what I understood, the ability to switch between the two clock standard will be implemented in a future firmware, so hang tight :)

RichMakeGame

« Reply #53 on: October 02, 2015, 03:56:20 pm »
Prev versions dont have 1-step clock in and seq cv out working though.

A temp workaround is to use a stereo splitter cable and send a constant voltage down one side along with the clock. Which sucks a bit because i'm wasting a mixer channel generating a constant voltage.

I noticed once i had it working that the stop button overrides a high incoming run signal, so imo the play button should also override a low run signal

Valentin Arturia

• Administrator
« Reply #54 on: October 02, 2015, 04:46:41 pm »
A splitter is the way to connect to your modular :
https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B-1e9zXr5JIlb3F0TEpBOG12TzA/view?pli=1

Filterseducer

« Reply #55 on: October 02, 2015, 04:54:56 pm »

Hey !

"If you roll back to the previous firmware version (1.1.1.6), you'll be able to use your clock modules. From what I understood, the ability to switch between the two clock standard will be implemented in a future firmware, so hang tight :)"

Some people are told to wait for the next fw release, others are told to roll back, for some of them v1.2.0.6 just does the job.... what about to release customized firmwares? I mean one dedicated release per user... come on arturia, you can do it!

RichMakeGame

« Reply #56 on: October 02, 2015, 05:47:54 pm »
A splitter is the way to connect to your modular :
https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B-1e9zXr5JIlb3F0TEpBOG12TzA/view?pli=1

Only covers clock out though. Not everyone will have a static voltage source to use as run signal, or realise it's necessary

Filterseducer- we get that your upset, i think you're crossing the line into trolling now though

Filterseducer

« Reply #57 on: October 02, 2015, 05:51:22 pm »
think what u want buddy, you're so free as I am. Btw, who are the "we" that you represent?
« Last Edit: October 02, 2015, 05:57:06 pm by Filterseducer »

Zymos

« Reply #58 on: October 02, 2015, 06:51:02 pm »
Forum has a "buddy list", but no ignore list. Too bad....

Filterseducer

« Reply #59 on: October 02, 2015, 08:52:29 pm »
yes, too bad for you buddy  :P

Carbonate design by Bloc
SMF 2.0.17 | SMF © 2019, Simple Machines