April 19, 2024, 03:31:58 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register
News:

Arturia Forums

Author Topic: Firmware 1.2.0.6 is out!  (Read 21191 times)

neurator

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
Re: Firmware 1.2.0.6 is out!
« Reply #30 on: September 26, 2015, 05:02:37 pm »
@ Valentin my setup is unchanged between the older firmware and the newer.  It simply works with the old, not with the new.

Perhaps there is another step I'm missing with the new firmware to work as a clock slave?

In my test setup I'm sending the clock out to my mixer audio in to hear the clock pulse.  I hear nothing with the new firmware, but pulse is properly amplified with the previous firmware.

Garak

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
« Reply #31 on: September 27, 2015, 02:14:28 am »
I only use midi din and din sync with this device. Clocking from external midi. Until I get hard confirmation from a customer that this is working in the new firmware I'm not upgrading. This revision seems to have more problems than the last.

Perhaps Arturia could outsource the work to someone who has more experience?

teezdalien

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
« Reply #32 on: September 27, 2015, 06:45:14 am »
Ext Sync is used to synchronized two devices, one as master, the other as slave. The Ext Sync is still available and you can run your BSP as USB, MIDI or CLK slave or master. We've made some improvements on this side and it's working.

@neurator : it's strange that you're able to run as slave with the previous FW but not this one. Have you set everything correctly ? If you prefer the previous versions of MCC and BSP FW, you can download them at http://www.arturia.com/beatstep-pro/resources (click on [show archive]).

External sync is NOT working here either, and everything is set correctly. Like I said earlier I rolled back to the previous firmware and have no sync issues. There is definitely something wrong with the new firmware when multiple users are complaining from the same issues. Please sort it out.

ctank909

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
« Reply #33 on: September 27, 2015, 08:11:16 pm »
I only use midi din and din sync with this device. Clocking from external midi. Until I get hard confirmation from a customer that this is working in the new firmware I'm not upgrading. This revision seems to have more problems than the last.

Perhaps Arturia could outsource the work to someone who has more experience?

Exactly. I thought Arturia has some connections with Roland? In any case, Arturia please do not mess up you already -quostianable pro- reputation by letting BSP on low importance. this thing CAN be the next big thing, if you listen to your users.

BLEO

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
    • The dUmmydroMe
« Reply #34 on: September 28, 2015, 09:08:49 pm »
Now I'm getting a stuck, then non-functional pad #8 (far right bottom / high C) after the first hit. Wasn't there before. Other pads seem to work fine.

Update: It's literally hit or miss on this pad 8 lockup issue. Sometimes plays fine other times not so much. Tried clearing out all the patterns, reloaded firmware and same thing. Didn't exist in previous firmware.

Hopefully we won't have to wait another month for some fixes.

Uh oh, I was worried about this turning out to be a manufacturing issue. Same thing happened to me. Pretty sure it's mechanical and only coincidence that it started after the firmware update. Here's video of it happening to me before v1.2.0.6 even came out.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=spZDizmVCrY

I returned it to the retailer and got a new one. No mechanical issues with the new one... yet! /me crosses fingers.

Also, good to know we can roll back firmware!

Valentin Arturia

• Administrator
« Reply #35 on: September 29, 2015, 10:54:13 am »
Hi teezdalien,
Could you describe your issue ? How is your set up ? I don't understand your issue. With my set up din sync works great.

teezdalien

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
« Reply #36 on: September 30, 2015, 05:08:40 am »
Hi teezdalien,
Could you describe your issue ? How is your set up ? I don't understand your issue. With my set up din sync works great.

Sure. I'm not using din sync per se, I've been trying to run the BSP as a slave being clocked from my 4MS Quad clock distributor euro module in CLK mode. The clock is patched out from the QCD into the CLK IN on the BSP. When pressing the play button on the BSP the sequences don't play, ie: the white LED for the steps doesn't show and there's nothing coming out from the BSP at all. The other sync modes show this same (lack of) behaviour. The only mode that seems to play any sequences is the INT mode. All of the modes still play sequences with the previous firmware, which leads me to think it's not the hardware that's the problem. I can upload a video demonstrating this if it helps. Any help solving this would be really great.

I'm running the MCC on a Windows 10 64bit machine as well, in case it's platform related.
« Last Edit: September 30, 2015, 05:26:58 am by teezdalien »

Valentin Arturia

• Administrator
« Reply #37 on: September 30, 2015, 11:25:25 am »
@teezdalien The BSP when ext synced (USB, MIDI or CLK) absolutly needs a clock to run. If it receive no clock (from USB, MIDI or clock) it can't sync and so pressing Play on the BSP will just lit the Button but nothing will be play. Could you check that you really send a clock ?

psn

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
« Reply #38 on: September 30, 2015, 11:48:37 am »
The sequencers still go out of synch when using alternate directions. In this clip I set sequencer 1 to control the pitch of the VCO and the gate of the ADSR, while sequencer 2's pitch modulates the cutoff of the filter. Sequencer two runs in alternate mode.

At the beginning of the clip the sequence has ran for a couple of minutes, and you hear it is all way out of synch. Restarting the sequence tightens it up considerably:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AdmAMu0iVr8

teezdalien

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
« Reply #39 on: September 30, 2015, 12:59:53 pm »
@teezdalien The BSP when ext synced (USB, MIDI or CLK) absolutly needs a clock to run. If it receive no clock (from USB, MIDI or clock) it can't sync and so pressing Play on the BSP will just lit the Button but nothing will be play. Could you check that you really send a clock ?

I don't mean to be rude because it seems you're the only person actually taking any interest in this issue I have, but I know what I'm doing and know how to sync different devices. I tried to contact Arturia for support last week and still haven't heard anything back. Please watch this video if you have the time, I can't make it any clearer obviously.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bisgYtHeatI&feature=youtu.be
« Last Edit: September 30, 2015, 01:12:56 pm by teezdalien »

Valentin Arturia

• Administrator
« Reply #40 on: September 30, 2015, 01:40:45 pm »
@teezdalien
Ok I think I know where the issue comes from. We've implemented in the last FW the standard sync. This standard uses TRS/3 points jack connector.
T (Tip) = clock signal
R (Ring) = state signal : DC 3.3V(running) or 0V (not running)
S (Sleeve) = signal ground

If you use TS/2points jack to sync the BSP there will be a short cut between S (ground) and R (state). The state will be forced to 0V. The BSP will read that as a non-running/stopped sequence. It works with the previous FW because it wasn't implemented in the standard way before.
So if you use TS jack try TRS ones. Hope it will solve your issue.
« Last Edit: September 30, 2015, 02:06:25 pm by Valentin Arturia »

teezdalien

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
« Reply #41 on: September 30, 2015, 02:01:05 pm »
@teezdalien
Ok I think I know where is the issue comes from. We've implemented in the last FW the standard sync. This standard uses symetric/TRS/3 points jack connector.
T (Tip) = clock signal
R (Ring) = state signal : DC 3.3V(running) or 0V (not running)
S (Sleeve) = signal ground

If you use asymetric/TS/2points jack to sync the BSP there will be a short cut between S (ground) and R (state). The state will be forced to 0V. The BSP will read that as a non-running/stopped sequence. It works with the previous FW because it wasn't implemented in the standard way before.
So if you use TS jack try TRS ones. Hope it will solve your issue.

Thanks for the helpful reply. That actually makes perfect sense, though frustratingly using a TRS cable hasn't resolved the issue either. I'm going to try and source another cable, but the one I used has been working. Another thing I'm going to try is to update the firmware with a different computer/OS to see if it makes any difference. I'm totally at a loss now, but it is behaving as if it's not receiving a clock in when it should be. ???
« Last Edit: September 30, 2015, 02:33:20 pm by teezdalien »

Valentin Arturia

• Administrator
« Reply #42 on: September 30, 2015, 02:38:12 pm »
I'm afraid that your 4MS Quad clock doesn't deal with state signal. To make the BSP works as slave you need a DC 3.3V-5V on the Ring. We're thinking to implement the feature to choose if you want to use or not state signal but I don't know if we could implement it in the next release.

teezdalien

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
« Reply #43 on: September 30, 2015, 03:57:37 pm »
I'm afraid that your 4MS Quad clock doesn't deal with state signal. To make the BSP works as slave you need a DC 3.3V-5V on the Ring. We're thinking to implement the feature to choose if you want to use or not state signal but I don't know if we could implement it in the next release.

Wow, if that's the case then you guys have really dropped the ball on this one...  ::)

Valentin Arturia

• Administrator
« Reply #44 on: September 30, 2015, 05:53:00 pm »
We thought sequence and that's why we work with a state signal (a clock alone does not have sense for sequencing without a state), but we have forgotten other uses you can have like (why not?) sync your BSP with an LFO or clock . We will try to solve it for the next version.

Carbonate design by Bloc
SMF 2.0.17 | SMF © 2019, Simple Machines