March 29, 2024, 01:05:43 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register
News:

Arturia Forums

Author Topic: Weird behavior, sounds and sequence started happening?  (Read 2721 times)

Hartknocks

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
Weird behavior, sounds and sequence started happening?
« on: September 21, 2015, 06:05:40 am »
So let me try to recreate what just happened. I am syncing my Volca beats, Volca Keys and Microbrute all through a midi through port. I was jamming on the BSP and I was messing with the roller looper. I found a nice rhythm using the 1/8 for a certain part, I hold it down and transpose the notes up. Well I tried stopping it while I had the looper pressed, and was attempting to start from the beginning again. Even though the roller alternates between step 1/2 when I stop and start it somehow starts around step 7/8. Also, I don't know if this is an intended feature but after I stopped the song once while having the 1/8 roller down and stopped it and started it, it started playing the roll without me holding the looper down. If I tapped the 1/8 it deactivated and started from the beginning. So I am trying to do this again, because it's not what I was hoping would happen but I had to try to see if it worked again just out of curiosity. It doesn't do it again so I try it for a third time and then nothing plays for like 3 seconds. All of a sudden it sounds like R2-D2 is having a galactic orgasm and a sequence that I have never programmed nor is even anywhere close to the sounds I had coming out of my synths starts playing. It was like what the fuck just happened type of thing. Then none of my buttons work and I had to restart my BSP.

I don't know if I hit some weird command or what but it was pretty odd. Anyone get anything like this?

papoon

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
Re: Weird behavior, sounds and sequence started happening?
« Reply #1 on: October 04, 2015, 07:14:39 pm »
Hi, I just bought my BSP and the first sequence I programmed began to stutter and kinda skip notes. The next issue is similar to yours, as i was playing a sequence i hit the looper and the first few times it worked as i would expect. By about the fourth or fifth use it ended up freezing/locking up the BSP and the keyboard it was hooked up to as well. I hooked it up to a drum module and tried the looper and the same same thing happened each time freezing both BSP and drum module. Every time this happens it displays error and then od or 06 but it kinda looks like od which is kinda funny in a way. I decided to stay away from the looper i continued to play around with the BSP and these long drone like notes appeared from no were and the single note would just play until i shut the power down. This thing is haunted I think.
    On a more serious note  I have to take this thing back and it will be a long drive and take a huge part of my day. Since my issues I came here to this forum and read some similar stories. I suspect the retailer will offer me an exchange or refund. Some of the experiences i have read here make me wonder how something that is this flawed and buggy can be allowed to be sold.Is it just a small few that are bad or is this with "many" of the units. I have to decide tomorrow if i refund or exchange. I do like the unit and setup of it in fact i am very impressed but like anything in the end i need it to work as it is designed. I had my previous sequencer for literally 25 years (qy10) and from when i took it out of the box until it finally died(rip) last month i never had any problem with it.

for reference I had the BSP midi out connected to a korg triton midi in and the second time BSP midi out to Yamaha dtx midi in. even with nothing connected with just the power plugged in through an outlet the behavior with the looper was the same each time freezing the unit.

Filterseducer

« Reply #2 on: October 04, 2015, 08:51:47 pm »
even with nothing connected with just the power plugged in through an outlet the behavior with the looper was the same each time freezing the unit.

check with support team, you can contact them directly. wait for the answer and if still not working hope ur unit is under warranty: put a stamp on in it and send it back to ur reseller; otherwise you risk hours of frustrating efforts trying to put your bsp to work.
« Last Edit: October 05, 2015, 09:11:17 am by Filterseducer »

papoon

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
« Reply #3 on: October 05, 2015, 11:48:10 am »
Well i have neither the patience nor the aptitude for trying to figure out the issue at hand. I will in fact be returning to the store and exchanging my BSP. I am willing to give this another try since my only issue with it is it does not work properly. My hope is I can get another one and it will be problem free. I do have a couple of questions though.
1) should i update to the latest firmware right out of the box
2) does it make any difference as i would like to test it out before I update if it makes no difference

wish me luck

Filterseducer

« Reply #4 on: October 05, 2015, 01:39:16 pm »

1) should i update to the latest firmware right out of the box
2) does it make any difference as i would like to test it out before I update if it makes no difference

wish me luck

1) I would say yes: Firmware updates are supposed to improve functionality and fix bugs of any device so check if your unit is loaded with the last version, otherwise update it. Unfortunally in what concerns this product this theory seems hard to demonstrate.

2) No problem, that will allow to compare the differences between releases and how the unit works under each fw version. There's lots of topics about how them work. Anyway you can downgrade you bsp when you want, as some users reported issues after installing last firmware and then been suggested to downgrade it in order to get their units working as desired.   :-X

Wish you gooood luck

oopsi

« Reply #5 on: October 06, 2015, 03:54:12 pm »
So let me try to recreate what just happened. I am syncing my Volca beats, Volca Keys and Microbrute all through a midi through port. I was jamming on the BSP and I was messing with the roller looper. I found a nice rhythm using the 1/8 for a certain part, I hold it down and transpose the notes up. Well I tried stopping it while I had the looper pressed, and was attempting to start from the beginning again. Even though the roller alternates between step 1/2 when I stop and start it somehow starts around step 7/8. Also, I don't know if this is an intended feature but after I stopped the song once while having the 1/8 roller down and stopped it and started it, it started playing the roll without me holding the looper down. If I tapped the 1/8 it deactivated and started from the beginning. So I am trying to do this again, because it's not what I was hoping would happen but I had to try to see if it worked again just out of curiosity. It doesn't do it again so I try it for a third time and then nothing plays for like 3 seconds. All of a sudden it sounds like R2-D2 is having a galactic orgasm and a sequence that I have never programmed nor is even anywhere close to the sounds I had coming out of my synths starts playing. It was like what the fuck just happened type of thing. Then none of my buttons work and I had to restart my BSP.

I don't know if I hit some weird command or what but it was pretty odd. Anyone get anything like this?

Hi do not have any audio equipment on so cannot confirm sounds but I just tried running a pattern and then pressing roller/looper at 1/8 then stopping pattern. Can confirm when pattern is restarted I can unlit (un-programmed) steps flickering on and off intermittently the unit runs for a short time and then freezes requiring a hard reset. It is not your unit.

Terrym

• Global Moderator
    • soundcloud.com/logicaldream
« Reply #6 on: October 06, 2015, 10:18:20 pm »

Hi I can confirm i can also repeat this bug. 

regards

Terrym
TerryM
ARTURIA Tester for Minifreak,All software Polybrute,Keystep pro,Audiofuse range, Microfreak,Kl49mkII,DrumBrute,Spark,Analog lab3,KLE,kl88,matrix12,Semv,Beatstep,Minibrute 2,Pigments
ASC,Vcol6, Beatstep pro, VCOL8, Synclavier v.Minibrute2s

Hartknocks

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
« Reply #7 on: October 16, 2015, 05:58:20 am »
Sorry for the late replies, I'm glad I am not the only one I've also recreated it.

Carbonate design by Bloc
SMF 2.0.17 | SMF © 2019, Simple Machines