March 29, 2024, 04:08:31 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register
News:

Arturia Forums

Author Topic: Trying to use Minilab pads to play MIDI Notes in Ableton 9  (Read 4049 times)

noahshfa

I recently bought a minilab and I'm using the Ableton Live 9 Lite that it came with

For some reason, when I use the drum kit in Ableton, the pads on my minilab don't work on the drum kit; instead all they do when I press them is trigger the tracks to start recording.

In the MIDI Control Center I have all of the pads on Channel 10 and in "MIDI Note" mode, but when I hit, for example, Pad 1 all it does is trigger track 1 to start recording.

Can anyone help with this issue? Thanks in advance

lordradish

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
Re: Trying to use Minilab pads to play MIDI Notes in Ableton 9
« Reply #1 on: May 02, 2016, 04:45:27 am »
I just got my Minilab, and I'm having the same problem. Following...

DonovanBartish

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
Re: Trying to use Minilab pads to play MIDI Notes in Ableton 9
« Reply #2 on: May 05, 2016, 10:55:58 am »
With Ableton Live 9 if you have the MiniLab set as a control surface in the midi prefs it will automatically load it's own template into the working memory. Either disable the control surface or try reselecting your custom template using shift + (pad # of your template).

I have saved the Ableton working template into an unused template location so I can switch back to the Ableton control surface on the fly. Keep your custom template free from the same midi channel that the Ableton template uses.

Hope this helps.

Carbonate design by Bloc
SMF 2.0.17 | SMF © 2019, Simple Machines