March 28, 2024, 11:47:06 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register
News:

Arturia Forums

Author Topic: KeyLab Woes  (Read 2106 times)

tonygardner

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
KeyLab Woes
« on: September 18, 2015, 06:41:16 am »
Hello.

I must apologize, as I'm feeling a little disappointed now, but remain hopeful that someday this will be fixed. I've spent the last two weeks preparing very diligently for a concert using my two Arturia KeyLab controllers (61 and 88) connected to a Yamaha Motif Rack, and using a Griffin StudioConnect to connect my iPad running the absolutely incredible app BandHelper.

The Motif is setup with an impressive array of Multi presets that receive on three MIDI channels. The KL88 is set to Channel 1 and the KL61 is set to Channel 2, and its pads on Channel 10 to kick off the killer drum beats via its arpeggiator.

My main problem is that when I play for a little, notes from one or both the keyboards get stuck.
I was able to program the MMC Stop button to issue an All Notes Off, but it kind of spoils the fun, especially when the drums have to stop as well.

I have confirmed that my old Alesis QS8.1 and QS7 work okay, so I will be using these for this weekend's gig. Of course, I would have much preferred the KeyLabs if they worked! This was a difficult decision to make, but all of a sudden my KL88 got sick with the famous "blank screen of death":

http://forum.arturia.com/index.php?topic=83255.msg116537#msg116537

Anyway, if anyone has some thoughts on either matter, feel free to offer any insights (or condolences).
« Last Edit: September 18, 2015, 06:49:47 am by tonygardner »

tonygardner

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
Re: KeyLab Woes
« Reply #1 on: September 21, 2015, 05:11:03 am »
Sorry to sound so depressing guys. Seriously, I'm doing really good right now.  :)

It appears that all my problems were solved by ditching the USB cable that I was using for power on the KL88 with a 6V 500mA power supply. This did work for a while (a couple is weeks at least), but that's all in the past now.

Not sure why, but I think this may have also solved the "stuck notes" problem as well. Perhaps I was starving the poor thing...

BTW, the gig was actually scheduled a week later than I thought, so that gave me the time I needed to figure it all out.

ben arturia

• Administrator
« Reply #2 on: November 05, 2015, 09:07:07 am »
Hi tony,

Sorry for the delay.
Hum that's interesting. This might explain issues that people have with our kl88.
Could you please give me photo of the bad cable ?

Best
.......testing.......

The Rocker

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
« Reply #3 on: December 20, 2015, 05:39:06 am »
Not that I know everything, lol,,,
But sounds like his computer was not giving the power needed by USB supply.
So with the ample power now seen from using his DC Power supply, the Keylab can function as intended...
I'm thinking the USB cable might even still be good...
Win8 Pro 64 sp1, i7 3770 Ivy, 32GB ram, 3.0 & 2.0 usb
Vista HomePrem 64 sp2, i7 920 Sandy, 12GB ram, 2.0 usb ....
Studio One 2 Pro latest ver.
AudioBox 44 VSL -

Carbonate design by Bloc
SMF 2.0.17 | SMF © 2019, Simple Machines