March 19, 2024, 04:09:25 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register
News:

Arturia Forums

Author Topic: CS-80V Volume Issue  (Read 5593 times)

davehedin

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
CS-80V Volume Issue
« on: December 10, 2012, 06:42:11 pm »
I'm having issues where the volume knob on the CS-80V randomly turns up to about the three o' clock position when playing a patch (which ultimately clips the signal). Anyone else have this issue or any ideas on how to resolve it?

Thanks!

stickman393

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
Re: CS-80V Volume Issue
« Reply #1 on: July 30, 2015, 05:23:59 pm »
I have experienced this using the older 1.6 version of the CS80V. I never tracked it down although I suspected my controller keyboard was sending some kind of reset CC message over MIDI. I didn't manage to prove that.

Annoying. One of the reasons I upgraded to the latest 2.6 version was to see if this problem re-occurred. Too early to tell, currently.

squeakyanimal

« Reply #2 on: September 19, 2015, 06:27:25 pm »
This is happening constantly to me with version 2.6.3

(OS X 10.10.5, using Digital Performer with the AU version of the plugin)

I Adore the sound of this plugin but it's going to be effectively useless if I cannot get it to keep from randomly trying to blow my speakers every 15 minutes or so!

squeakyanimal

« Reply #3 on: September 22, 2015, 10:29:14 pm »
Update: my issue appears to be user error. MIDI volume was being read by the cs80v (i.e. Fader on the sequencer track) so that every time I hit play it reset to full volume. My other VIs don't do this, so I missed it. Probably a checkbox somewhere to unlink them but now I can work around by setting volume knob in the sequencer mixer.

Posted here in case anyone else is having the same issue.

Carbonate design by Bloc
SMF 2.0.17 | SMF © 2019, Simple Machines