April 26, 2024, 07:08:06 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register
News:

Arturia Forums

Author Topic: Midi in/controller keyboard/Is beatstep pro blocking signals form unused chanels  (Read 1902 times)

Oeconomo

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
Hi, I wanted to ask if there's gonna by an update in which a keyboard controller connected via midi in acts just like the pads:
-that you can play notes while play button is on and without having de rec button on

-An most important, that you can play several notes at the same time. Can I do something to change that? I noticed that the beatstep pro can actually receive several midi messages at the same time (in drum sequencer i can play several notes with the keyboard at the same time), and even if the sequencers are monophonic, you can do polyphonic melodies with the pads. I need to do that with my keyboard.

Second, Can I use beatstep pro as a midi thru? I noticed that it only lets my controller keyboard to pass trough the sequencers channels (1,2 and 10, or any combination with the 16 channels), but beatstep pro appears to cancel or block the others. I wanted to use my keyboard to control other sounds in my synth (waldorf blofeld) in addition to those used in the sequencers, but in order to do that I need beatstep pro to let midi messages go through the 13 unused channels...  is that possible? Or should I wait for an update...

If Arturia solved those issues, Beatstep pro would be just perfect for my setup. Nonetheless, I want to congratulate you for this amazing product, I feel grateful for it, keep working that way!!

pd: excuse my bad english.

RichMakeGame

I can answer one question- when playing a sequence, midi in to that channel becomes transpose by design. If you mute the sequencer, notes will come through again

Wouldnt be my choice of operation either but at least its not a bug!

Carbonate design by Bloc
SMF 2.0.17 | SMF © 2019, Simple Machines