April 26, 2024, 11:40:46 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register
News:

Arturia Forums

Author Topic: Signal Workflow  (Read 1762 times)

FM_HeatSink

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
Signal Workflow
« on: September 11, 2015, 03:51:10 pm »
I'm brand new to synthesis and the MicroBrute is my gateway in. I've had it for a couple of days now and am confused as to how the patching works as it never seems to mod anything.

To better understand,  can anyone tell me the signal work flow from the primary oscillator without patching and then the points the patching takes place?

Thank you in advance!

Bacon

Re: Signal Workflow
« Reply #1 on: September 14, 2015, 12:19:28 pm »
The basic flow is this: OSCILLATOR (pitch modulated by the LFO if the Amount knob in the LFO section is turned up) -> FILTER (cutoff frequency modulated by the envelope if the ENV Amt in the Filter section is not in the 12 o'clock position) -> VCA (modulated by the envelope if the VCA switch is set to ENV).

In addition, by default the metalizer amount is modulated by the ENV Amt knob in the ENVELOPE section. If I remember correctly, you need to turn up the Metalizer knob in the OSCILLATOR section to get any effect from this.

You change the default patching by taking a patch cable from the LFO or ENV jacks in the CV OUT section of the MOD MATRIX and plugging the other end of the cable in one of the jacks in the CV IN section. If you modulate anything with the envelope, the ENV Amt know in the ENV section determines the modulation depth; if you modulate anything with the LFO, the Amount knob in the LFO section determines the modulation depth.

The CV inputs in the MOD MATRIX are these:
  • Metal: moulates the Metalizer amount.
  • Saw: modulates the speed of the Ultrasaw.
  • Sub: modulates the balance between Sub and Fifth for the Sub oscillator
  • Pitch: modulates the oscillator pitch.
  • Filter: modulates filter cutoff frequency.
  • PWM: modulates the pulse (square) wave pulse width.

I hope this helps!
« Last Edit: September 14, 2015, 12:37:21 pm by Bacon »

Carbonate design by Bloc
SMF 2.0.17 | SMF © 2019, Simple Machines