April 24, 2024, 02:27:15 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register
News:

Arturia Forums

Author Topic: Connecting Microbrute to FL Studio via Sound Card  (Read 2703 times)

Robertmelting

Connecting Microbrute to FL Studio via Sound Card
« on: February 10, 2017, 06:34:08 pm »
Hi there,

I would like to connect my microbrute to FL studio so that I can play my microbrute in FL Studio.

Basically, I need to know if this following setup below would allow me to play my microbrute in FL Studio...

I have a sound card with 2 line in and 2 line out jacks. My plan was to:
1. Connect the single "audio out" on the Microbrute to the 2 "line in" jacks on my sound card.
2. Use a 2 RCA to Midi cable to connect the 2 "line out" jacks on my sound card to the "Midi in" on the Microbute.
3. Plug the usb sound card into my computer
and then configure everything in FL Studio.

Would this work? Or do I need an audio interface? If so, the audio interface with MIDI out jacks are pretty expensive so I was thinking of buying a cheaper one without MIDI out jacks
 e.g.
https://www.amazon.co.uk/Behringer-UMC22-Computer-Audio-Interface/dp/B00FFIGZF6/ref=sr_1_3?s=musical-instruments&ie=UTF8&qid=1486745959&sr=1-3&keywords=AUDIO+INTERFACE

I don't know if that would work though.

Pretty new to all of this, would be great if someone can help.

Cheers :)

I

Bacon

Re: Connecting Microbrute to FL Studio via Sound Card
« Reply #1 on: February 14, 2017, 08:33:20 am »
What you want to do is:
  • Connect the Line Out on the Microbrute to one of the Line In jacks on the sound card. No need to record it in stereo.
  • Connect a USB cable between the Microbrute's USB port and a USB port on your computer. The Microbrute will show up as a MIDI device in FL Studio, allowing you to record MIDI data from the Microbrute keyboard and also to send MIDI data from FL Studio to the Microbrute. MIDI data is not audio, so it makes no sense to send audio signals into a MIDI port.
  • Plug the USB sound card into your computer.

Robertmelting

Re: Connecting Microbrute to FL Studio via Sound Card
« Reply #2 on: February 16, 2017, 10:51:26 am »
Hi thanks for the information. I've tried that but i'm still having problems.

I've connected the audio out from the synth to the two audio input jacks on the soundcard (Behringer UCA202). The sound card is connected to the computer and the synth midi is connected to the computer also.

Not getting anything though. Any ideas why?

Thanks again.

Carbonate design by Bloc
SMF 2.0.17 | SMF © 2019, Simple Machines