April 25, 2024, 06:39:37 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register
News:

Arturia Forums

Author Topic: BSP and a simple arranger ?  (Read 3559 times)

Musicosm

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
BSP and a simple arranger ?
« on: August 26, 2015, 03:32:23 pm »
Hi,

I'm interested to buy the BSP in order to create music in "loop mode"  8)

I have an arranger with midi in & out, can i use the BSP to sequence 2 melodical voices at the same time ( and choose & edit them freely with the BSP) and a drum part  ? Is this posible ?? 

Thanks  !

punchcard

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
Re: BSP and a simple arranger ?
« Reply #1 on: August 27, 2015, 10:43:39 am »
I have an arranger with midi in & out, can i use the BSP to sequence 2 melodical voices at the same time ( and choose & edit them freely with the BSP) and a drum part  ? Is this posible ?? 
Thanks  !

What do you mean by an arranger? Sequencer?

The answer to your questions is most probably YES anyway :)

Musicosm

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
« Reply #2 on: August 27, 2015, 11:45:49 am »
Hi again,

And sorry if I made a mistake, I'm spanish  ;D 

By an "arranger" I meant  a portable keyboard like my old Yamaha Psr  that I have ;) 

Thanks for answering ! I think that I will go to the nearest music store to try the BSP as fast as possible !

RichMakeGame

« Reply #3 on: August 27, 2015, 04:14:46 pm »
as long as you're aware that there's no song mode in the bsp, and all pattern changes are instant when you press the button

Musicosm

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
« Reply #4 on: August 27, 2015, 05:56:54 pm »
as long as you're aware that there's no song mode in the bsp, and all pattern changes are instant when you press the button

Thanks  !

I was aware that there's no song mode in the BSP, but not about the pattern changes... that they are "instant" !

I think that I should maybe reconsider the purchase of a BSP  :-\

RichMakeGame

« Reply #5 on: August 27, 2015, 06:20:35 pm »
there's a rumour they might update the behaviour, but if it's important I'd wait until they really do update it

Musicosm

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
« Reply #6 on: August 27, 2015, 08:17:40 pm »
there's a rumour they might update the behaviour, but if it's important I'd wait until they really do update it

Ok, so I will wait until Arturia update it ... and I hope they will really do it !

Thanks 

8)

megamarkd

• Dead By Dawn
« Reply #7 on: August 30, 2015, 01:05:51 pm »

Thanks  !

I was aware that there's no song mode in the BSP, but not about the pattern changes... that they are "instant" !

I actually find that behaviour good for jumping-in new patterns by switching momentarily to the new pattern then back again.  A lot of people are upset by it, but I'd like someone to show me a hardware step-sequencer (that is not a drum machine) which has a song mode.
Currently running https://www.modulargrid.net/e/racks/view/1311723 / www.modulargrid.net, sequencing with KSP and recording with a Zoom (no DAW involved, for better or worse ;) )

Musicosm

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
« Reply #8 on: August 30, 2015, 10:55:40 pm »
Quote from: megamarkd
I'd like someone to show me a hardware step-sequencer (that is not a drum machine) which has a song mode.

Well, it would be interesting if Arturia changes that point ! The Beatstep Pro being a new genre/generation of hardware step sequencer...

Perhaps, this is the time for change   :o

RichMakeGame

« Reply #9 on: August 31, 2015, 03:15:28 am »

Thanks  !

I actually find that behaviour good for jumping-in new patterns by switching momentarily to the new pattern then back again.  A lot of people are upset by it, but I'd like someone to show me a hardware step-sequencer (that is not a drum machine) which has a song mode.

song mode, I don't think is too big a deal - they do usually have a reset input though!

Carbonate design by Bloc
SMF 2.0.17 | SMF © 2019, Simple Machines