March 28, 2024, 12:55:43 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register
News:

Arturia Forums

Author Topic: Arturia Origin program change in Logic X  (Read 2186 times)

Massatt

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
Arturia Origin program change in Logic X
« on: August 25, 2015, 08:37:06 am »
Hello to all,

I have the followings issue with my Arturia Origin in Logic X.

1 – Control change (0,32)
I'm trying to ease the workflow between my origin and Logic X using the standard Control Changes (0,32 with or MSB and LSB)
In the Origin, we have two kind of sounds: the program and the multis (group of programs)

The issue that I have is that i can easily control the program change (between 0001 and 0999 with 0 as the bank number) but when it comes to the multis (1000 to 1999), I’m stuck with the program and cannot access to the multis.
In Arturia Forum, i have the following post but I'm not on what to do (I've tried lot of things) but nothing worked properly (no access to the multis)

Here’s the post I foud in this forum
You can load a SINGLE or a *whole* MULTI with a Program Change as long as you send a Bank Select (coarse or MSB status byte = 0xC0) with the bank number being the hundred number of the preset (eg 3 for SINGLE 345 or 11 for MULTI 1123) followed by a Program Change with the program being the last 2 digits (eg 45 for SINGLE 345 or 23 for MULTI 1123). It is not (yet) possible to load a *slot* within a MULTI using a Program Change. This should be changed in the next release.
I’m not sure to understand what should be done exactly, I’ve tried using Bank 10 and 11 but it’s not working

2 – Program name

Did an owner of an origin find a simply way to change the name of the program inside Logic ? (the names are accessible by double clicking on the external midi track). This could be done manually but do I have any other option here? I’ve tried to extract the name in the origin connexion software but it’s not really easy to copy the the name of the program.

Do you have any idea to help me on these topics ?

Thanks a lot for your help.

Cheers

Carbonate design by Bloc
SMF 2.0.17 | SMF © 2019, Simple Machines