April 23, 2024, 11:41:08 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register
News:

Arturia Forums

Author Topic: Worst support ever.  (Read 4721 times)

Lu77

Worst support ever.
« on: August 21, 2015, 02:01:22 pm »
I get an email from some random called eduoard not Arturia company signature, or you know thanks for writing to Arturia tech support...

Just:

Hi

Is your BSP's firmware up to date ???

- Have you read this article ?

http://www.arturia.com/faq/utilization/beatstep-pro-general-questions

There is a topic on Hertz/V and S-trig and volcas.

Looking forward to hearing from you

Musically Yours

Edouard

1. The title of my email was:  "midi din does not sequence reliably on either of my BeatStep Pros"
Don't see how hertz or string even barely come into it

2. I provided videos of my MOOG and a volca
But nice of you to utterly ignore that.

3. Is my firmware up to date, well, let's see, does your firmware FIX the problem? no. So how is this question relevant??

4. Have I read you FAQs before waiting three days for a response from you? Hmmmm.... YES. Were they helpful? hmmm NO. That might be WHY IM WRITING TO TECH SUPPORT.

Perhaps less drug use should be allowed in the office.

RichMakeGame

Re: Worst support ever.
« Reply #1 on: August 21, 2015, 07:07:00 pm »
it might help to make a detailed list of actions to reproduce the problem, something that any person with the same equipment could follow precisely and find the same flaw occurring. eg:
1: create new pattern on seq 1
2: fill steps 1, 5, 9, 13
3: connect volca via direct midi cable
etc. until you get to the point where the problem occurs

the simpler you make it for them to find the problem, I think the less chance they will point to vague faqs.

Lu77

« Reply #2 on: August 22, 2015, 12:42:24 am »
I wish you'd stop following me around "correcting me" with the assumption that I did something wrong. It's incredibly rude.

Zymos

« Reply #3 on: August 22, 2015, 02:54:58 pm »
It's a public discussion forum, with the majority of participation by other users. No one is "following" you.

Whoops, there I go "correcting" you....

rob-a

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
« Reply #4 on: August 23, 2015, 10:20:47 am »
Yep, I've been speaking to Edouard and he completely ignored my question 5 times. Bought BSP, repeatedly causing ableton and my computer to crash. I asked 5 times if this might be due to windows 10 and he still hasn't answered. One reply just said 'wow, your computer crashes when you switch BSP off' which I'd never said and is certainly not an answer to anything.

I'd read support from arturia was poor but never expected this lack of care. Just felt he didn't take it seriously at all. Or had no idea. Reverted back to windows 8.1 and works fine.

Edouard_Arturia

• Product Manager
  • Administrator
« Reply #5 on: August 26, 2015, 09:47:20 am »
Rob.

Like I said in my last response to your ticket.

If I don't have an answer about your issue, I won't invent one.

First I thought it was liked to your Ableton Live version: No -> ok.

After that the test team investigated on your issue and were unable to reproduce it.

Since I hadn't the confirmation that it was linked to Win10, so what should I say instead of maybe ?

Anyway thanks to share that it is linked to Win10. If other customers have the same issue I will tell them.

Regards

Ed

DGDGDGDGDG

spike

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
    • manipulate.net
« Reply #6 on: August 28, 2015, 05:29:18 am »

at least you got some sort of a response.
yeah...

i have posted here and emailed them regarding an issue about the Looper/Roller and NO ONE has fracken responded.
http://forum.arturia.com/index.php?topic=85352.msg123362#msg123362

so i had to return my BSP.
--
more noiz!

++

SPIKE the Percussionist

- http://www.manipulate.net -
ASTROGENIC HALLUCINAUTING
CoRE - Constructs of Ritual Evolution
Fiddle Witch & the Demons of Doom
morgue city

jrnmv

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
« Reply #7 on: September 04, 2015, 03:00:05 am »
If you think that's bad, take a look at what I'm currently dealing with:

http://forum.arturia.com/index.php?topic=85448.0

Lu77

« Reply #8 on: September 04, 2015, 06:46:15 pm »
Glad I'm not the only one. I did eventually (couple of days ago) get a more professional response with an actual Arturia signature so I knew who it was from which says tickets have been opened for a couple of the issues.

But I don't appreciate being treated like trash on this forum, for being upset at lack of service and the SIMPLEST things not working on the devices I own, when I have invested over $700 in this product. It's a midi sequencer, but midi sequencing AND clocking doesn't work.... I cannot understand how this was missed.

I also don't appreciate being treated like a beta tester. I have a full time job and life to get on with and have paid money for an item that really should work as advertised on the box. Had I "done something wrong" ok sure, we need to troubleshoot. But that has not been the case. I did my research, I read the manual, I updated the firmware, and it don't work. I even kindly made multiple videos for demonstration.

I'm not going to give my rare free time to solving issues that Arturias paid staff should be working on, should have finished working on, before release.

I'm disappointed that weeks later there's no update. Looks like this will be anothe regrettable purchase from Arturia.

jrnmv

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
« Reply #9 on: September 10, 2015, 08:39:03 am »
I literally cannot get anyone on the support staff to even respond to my case despite three different admissions that I had a hardware defect.

Edouard_Arturia

• Product Manager
  • Administrator
« Reply #10 on: September 10, 2015, 11:37:20 am »
Hey.

Guys, we are currently in the end of Holidays. This slows down our capacity to respond.

What you can do is to create a ticket on the website:

http://www.arturia.com/support/askforhelp

And then forward me your ticket number in PM.

I'll try to resolve this as soon as possible.

I'm sorry guys that you think that the support is weak, but remember that we are a very small company, and we expect to be better day after day.

Even if you think that we don't care. We are trying to improve it.

=> Please guys, Create a ticket, forward me the ticket number by PM and I'll do my best.

Good Morning/Afternoon/Evening

Edouard

DGDGDGDGDG

atte

• a773.dk
« Reply #11 on: September 10, 2015, 10:55:43 pm »
Yeah, better late than never, or?
Just remember to always treat your customers nice, both on the forum and when (forgetting to be) emailing them.

And most importantly: admit it when we notify you of bugs and work as hard as you can on fixing them.

ArguZ

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
« Reply #12 on: September 11, 2015, 12:11:17 pm »
I had like two or three tickets with Arturia and not only did they get back to me the next day, they had profound and skilled technical solutions or workarounds.

Worst , unjustified rant thread ever.

Filterseducer

« Reply #13 on: September 15, 2015, 11:08:22 am »
"End of holidays" as an excuse not to ensure decent support for a product that "works" randomly is simply unacceptable. Looks like the people who developped the firmware and launched this product into the market were also in holidays! Bought 2 arturia products: microbrute and BsP, both having bugs and randomly DAW integration leading only to frustration. Sending back the unit to reseller unless a working firmware update shows before october.
To be end, it is not support team's fault: they have to deal with the fact that arturia released (once again) an unfinished product, pretending to convert their customers into beta-testers; who paid 250E for this crappy unit.

megamarkd

• Dead By Dawn
« Reply #14 on: September 16, 2015, 01:59:28 pm »
Meh, try contacting E-Mu regarding their products.  Oh, sorry no E-Mu; Creative, as that is who you will deal with if you try to contact E-Mu.  And they won't want to know about you or your sampler/sound module/audio interface/controller keyboard.  Even if it is still in production.

I know that pointing at someone even worse is no excuse for poor customer support, but calling Arturia the "worst ever" is not correct as the most certainly are not.
Currently running https://www.modulargrid.net/e/racks/view/1311723 / www.modulargrid.net, sequencing with KSP and recording with a Zoom (no DAW involved, for better or worse ;) )

Carbonate design by Bloc
SMF 2.0.17 | SMF © 2019, Simple Machines