April 19, 2024, 02:06:20 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register
News:

Arturia Forums

Author Topic: beatstep pro windows 10 (plus some bugs...)  (Read 2527 times)

rob-a

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
beatstep pro windows 10 (plus some bugs...)
« on: August 20, 2015, 10:27:55 am »
Hi

I just got beatstep pro and its causing live9 to crash but it turns out it casuing my computer to crash as well, either 'locking' it, preventing live 9 to open after its crashed and this morning casuing 'stuttering' on iplayer when watching something. This all stops when beatstep pro is switched off. I'm using windows 10 so am wondering if this may have something to do with it.

Also, I have an MFB dominion X SED which works fine over midi fromBSP but if I hook up the CV and Gate, it just produces a single drone. CV and gate inputs work fine triggered by my Korg SQ1 so the synth is good (uses 1V)....I'm wondering now if its gate voltage...

Finally, the korg SQ1. Will beatstep 'sync' output trigger this - it has 'sync' in?

Brilliant product, from what I the few hours i have had, just want it fully operationally. Any suggestions/experience of similar issues?

Thanks

Rob

RichMakeGame

Re: beatstep pro windows 10 (plus some bugs...)
« Reply #1 on: August 20, 2015, 01:37:54 pm »
Something to look into is what gate signal the mfb is expecting- bsp outputs 10 or 12 (not sure which off top of my head) - and it can cause unpredictable behaviour if the synth expects much less, eg 5v.

The sq1 by some accounts acts a bit crazy if you plug the bsp straight in without attenuating the signal

rob-a

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
« Reply #2 on: August 20, 2015, 02:55:30 pm »
Thanks for the reply. Yep, looks like its the gate voltage - mfb is 5v. And I've noticed on other threads about the attenuated signal. Looks like the BSP was built with other arturia synths in mind, though they claim 'We’ve designed the BeatStep Pro to be as flexible as possible, though: the MIDI Control Center allows you to configure the response of the CV/Gate jacks in a number of ways.'

channel0

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
  • people who play live life to the fullest
« Reply #3 on: August 26, 2015, 09:25:55 pm »
would attenuator cables (lowering the BSP's output voltage to 5V) help? the MFB takes + 5V to -5 V. Is there a (alternative) way to change the output voltage on the BSP?
Arturia Laboratory 61 AE, V-collection 6, Beatstep, Beatstep Pro, Drumbrute, Bitwig2.1, windows 10

Carbonate design by Bloc
SMF 2.0.17 | SMF © 2019, Simple Machines