March 29, 2024, 02:43:26 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register
News:

Arturia Forums

Author Topic: Fine adjustment on Arpeggiator tempo  (Read 6440 times)

jcotner

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
Fine adjustment on Arpeggiator tempo
« on: August 20, 2015, 05:29:11 am »
I'm using J8V in standalone mode and wanted to know how to change Arpeggiator tempo in finer steps. It is jumping from 480 to 572BPM and I need a value in between. External synch is not a good option this time. Other than hacking the patch (which I don't want to have to do) I'm at a loss how to make fine adjustments in the Arpeggiator tempo.

TonyFlyingSquirrel

• Beta Tester
    • WOR PARTY
Re: Fine adjustment on Arpeggiator tempo
« Reply #1 on: August 20, 2015, 06:57:16 pm »
Bite off more than you can chew, then start chewing. Apple iMac 27-inch 3.4GHz Quad-core i7 (Mid 2011) MC814LL/A RAM:20GB, Hard Drive:1.0TB HDD + 256GB SSD, Opt Drive:SuperDrive-DL,  Vid Card:AMD Radeon HD 6970M, Audio Interface: Avid Fast Track Duo, Midi I/O: Arturia, Analog Exp.The Lab 49, V-Col-5

LBH

« Reply #2 on: August 20, 2015, 09:02:18 pm »
I'm using J8V in standalone mode and wanted to know how to change Arpeggiator tempo in finer steps. It is jumping from 480 to 572BPM and I need a value in between. External synch is not a good option this time. Other than hacking the patch (which I don't want to have to do) I'm at a loss how to make fine adjustments in the Arpeggiator tempo.

I guess you are using your mouse to adjust.

Holding down "Control" on the computer keyboard while dragging give you fine control. I'm on windows. On a MAC i guess it's the "Apple" you can hold down.

Also: If you use a controller and assign a control to the arp rate, then you can adjust in finer steps.

« Last Edit: August 20, 2015, 11:33:35 pm by LBH »

jcotner

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
« Reply #3 on: August 24, 2015, 10:12:35 am »

jcotner

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
« Reply #4 on: August 24, 2015, 10:14:47 am »

I guess you are using your mouse to adjust.

Holding down "Control" on the computer keyboard while dragging give you fine control. I'm on windows. On a MAC i guess it's the "Apple" you can hold down.

Also: If you use a controller and assign a control to the arp rate, then you can adjust in finer steps.

I tried the Control Keys with the mouse and it didn't have the desired effect.
I did try a MIDI controller and it does give a finer adjustment. Still in kind of
large steps but much better. I don't know why the normal mouse fine adjustments
don't work on this control.
« Last Edit: August 27, 2015, 09:31:44 am by jcotner »

Carbonate design by Bloc
SMF 2.0.17 | SMF © 2019, Simple Machines