April 19, 2024, 08:46:52 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register
News:

Arturia Forums

Author Topic: MIDI Control Center doesn’t recognize KL88 when connected via MIDI wires (not US  (Read 2169 times)

elaledou

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
Yo!

Problem: MIDI Control Center 1.2.0.301 doesn’t recognize (can’t synchronize) my KL88 connected to PC via MIDI wires (not USB). So cannot use MCC nor update the keyboard firmware, etc. For complexes reasons I definitively cannot use USB connection. Of course I’m using a PSU (6V, 500 mA).

Question: MIDI Control Center is able to recognize KL88 when connection is established via classic MIDI wires? In my case certainly not, but in yours? If you arrived to do so, please let me know how. If MCC cannot do it, this is an unforgiven deficiency of the program, isn’t it?

Actions: MCC, audio card and AL updated; KL88 reset; as the problem begun in Windows 7, I installed W10 but the problem remains exactly the same.   

What’s weird is the fact that I can play and control Analog Lab, Cubase and Reason from MIDI connected KL88 without any problem, so MIDI signals and all controls are sent correctly through MIDI wires to these programs but not at all to MCC. Any clues?

Cordially and thanks in advance for your help,

elaledou

elaledou

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
No clues?  :-\

ben arturia

• Administrator
Hi elaledou,
Sorry but the MidiControlCenter will not recognize any device if they are not connected using the USB protocol.
You can edit almost all the parameters from the KL88.
Let me know what you want to do.
.......testing.......

elaledou

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
Thanks for your answer Ben, even if it's quite disappointing to me. I'll certainly be obliged to change the keyboard.

What I would like to do firstly is to update KL88 firmware, and even if I can modify parameters from the keyboard, do it by using MCC will greatly help.

So, if I understand from your answer, this MIDI (un)connection problem is due to the way MCC was written. Any possibility that a future update of the program will consider this limitation?

Cordially,

elaledou

Carbonate design by Bloc
SMF 2.0.17 | SMF © 2019, Simple Machines