March 28, 2024, 10:44:44 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register
News:

Arturia Forums

Author Topic: YAMAHA CS USERS  (Read 4990 times)

eyesnoface

YAMAHA CS USERS
« on: August 09, 2015, 07:01:07 am »
any Yamaha CS users here??? finally getting around to hooking this thing up to my CS-15...
am I missing something in the MCC setup??? the HZ/V scaling does not track thru my lower octave OSC settings (32', 64') at all... and nothing below C3 on 16'...

Yamaha CS-15 control voltage specs according to the manual:
VCO 1 IN, VCO IN {+125mV to +4V)

is this not within the cv output specs of the BeatStep Pro???

eyesnoface

Re: YAMAHA CS USERS
« Reply #1 on: August 09, 2015, 05:20:54 pm »
SOLUTION: keep changing settings until it does what you want it to do

Hath

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
« Reply #2 on: August 13, 2015, 04:29:23 pm »
I have the same problem with my CS-15, but I found that if you use an external midi keyboard everything works properly.

grackles

« Reply #3 on: July 30, 2016, 05:28:07 am »
Hey I know this is an ancient thread but I would love to talk to anyone trying to use BSP with a Yamaha CS-15.  I have both and I'm having trouble getting any response from the synth

GHOST 1970

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
« Reply #4 on: August 26, 2016, 12:10:55 am »
Anyone figure out the octave problem.. Mine wont play the lower octaves no matter what setting.. It does work as a midi cv convert with external midi keyboard. All octaves can be obtained with ease. But that's not what we are trying to do here. Trying to use the BSP standalone with cs15.. Would love to seq the lower octaves.. anyone figure out?

grackles

« Reply #5 on: November 14, 2016, 08:19:49 pm »
Throwing this up here again.  I haven't had any success getting BSP to function with my Yamaha CS-15

BSP: Seq 1 CV, already changed to the Hz/V setting.  Gate or pitch from the BSP?  Trigger or CV?

So far I have tried every combo.  Please feel free to talk to me like the dummy I am  ;D

maikurohon

« Reply #6 on: December 06, 2016, 05:23:48 am »
Hey all,

CS-5 owner here.  What I did with my BSP was change the "Seq Trans. Center Pitch" in the Device Settings in MIDI Control Center under Transposition – I have mine set to C3 and it seemed to help pull me out of the crazy high octave zones.  I hope this helps anyone who is frustrated with the BSP/CS connectivity.  Also, for my CV/Gate settings I'm using Hz/Volt for Seq Pitch and V-Trig for Seq Gate as a bonus piece of info if anyone cares.

thezenix2

• Apprentice
« Reply #7 on: August 10, 2018, 04:16:37 pm »
New beatstep user here and I need some help. I have a Yamaha CS40m and just got a beatstep to sequence it and use as midi to cv converter. Pitch is transposing fine on both "systems" but the gate is acting wierd. When starting a sequence or pressing a pad/key the gates never close, they'll keep playing the latset note perpetually. There's also no respons from the gate setting in the sequencers. Did anyone of you Yamaha CS users do any modifications to the gates? I have it set to S-trig already...

I grec

• Firmware Wizard
  • Administrator
« Reply #8 on: August 27, 2018, 11:36:53 am »
Hi thezenix2,
AFAIK, S-Trig is for Korg. Have you tried V-Trig?

Regards,
Y.

Carbonate design by Bloc
SMF 2.0.17 | SMF © 2019, Simple Machines