March 29, 2024, 10:38:19 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register
News:

Arturia Forums

Author Topic: New user disappointed with presets  (Read 5682 times)

SoundHound

New user disappointed with presets
« on: July 29, 2015, 11:28:51 pm »
Has a new user I must say I am disappointed with presets. Every other preset seems to be some type of sound effect and most of the patches seem to be drenched in reverb and delay and unusable. I feel I wasted my money. I downloaded the latest version too. I'm on windows7. I am super glad I only bought one instrument!

Edouard_Arturia

• Product Manager
  • Administrator
Re: New user disappointed with presets
« Reply #1 on: July 30, 2015, 11:35:40 am »
Hi.

Please note that the is more than a hundred patches, maybe none of the gives you satisfaction.

But please note that incidentally, you can modify the patches if there is too much effects for you as it is a plugin and not an audio file.

Here is the manual link: http://downloads.arturia.com/products/jupiter8-v/manual/Jupiter-8V_Manual_2_6_0_EN.pdf

Kind regards

Edouard

DGDGDGDGDG

Amalgamoth

« Reply #2 on: July 30, 2015, 11:40:26 am »
While the J8-V does have a sound of its own, why don't you reduce the reverb and delay of some presets and save them in your User folder? There's lots of tweaking options and potential for sounds which you may like better, you only have to take some time and experiment with various settings. It's a synth, not a rompler.

LBH

« Reply #3 on: July 30, 2015, 04:36:16 pm »
It's fair SoundHound complain.

The presets could be a lot better. It's an area Arturia could and should improove.

Presets is a selling point. Also Arturia in general advertise with the amount of quality preset's. Arturia don't advertise like - "Make preset's yourself only.".

Aturia has allready released additional presets for the new Matrix both in an update and as a free expansion pack. They know preset's are important for many things.
And Arturia knows the competition is hard. Lots of soft synth is sold with lots of well done preset's. However unfortunately factory presets often is using lots of effects - often to hide the true sound of the plugin and to sound more impressive than it is.

In general factory preset's has to be tweeked to be usable in a mix, no matter manufactor and plugin.

I really hope Arturia will improove there presets, even if it's possible and a good thing to make your own presets too.

Arturia actually has a good basic sound in there plug-ins in general. If i was Arturia i would take care of precisely that and showing that in the presets too. Also have especially vintage sounds as it's vintage synth's, but also has more modern sounds. I really also would like preset's that show of the unique sides of each synth. Signature sounds.

As SoundHound i remember that i as a v-collection user was particularly disapointed with the Jupiter V preset's. Not all of them.

But as said, - Arturia could improove in this area in general. Especially as they advertise with the amount of quality preset's in there plug-ins. Disapointed custumors is not a good thing for future business either.

That's my opinion.

Best regards
LBH

Amalgamoth

« Reply #4 on: July 31, 2015, 12:31:12 pm »
I bought myself more presets with the bundles of KidNepro and Musicrow in order to discover more of the potential of Arturia's synths. While I agree with LBH that it would be a good thing if Arturia creates an expansion of the existing soundbank, I'd rather see them work on GUI improvement which people have been complaining about for years and years.

I don't know if it helps, but here's a suggestion for SoundHound which doesn't cost that much:
http://www.kidnepro.com/blog/new-sounds-for-arturia-jupiter-8v/
And also check out Musicrow's "Jupiter Trip" bundle.
http://mcrow.net/product/jupiter-trip-presets-for-arturia-jupiter-8v/
Not interested in buying? Then you can still get yourself 20 Jupiter presets:
http://mcrow.net/free-sounds-for-arturia/

Best of all would be to have free user banks, like others created for the Modular, Mini and SEM (they seem to be more popular I suppose).
And speaking of cost-free: There's a whole lot of free VST synths out there. The world is full of great sounds. Not everything needs to depend on one synth, I'm just saying.
« Last Edit: July 31, 2015, 12:48:57 pm by Amalgamoth »

Carbonate design by Bloc
SMF 2.0.17 | SMF © 2019, Simple Machines