April 16, 2024, 10:26:55 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register
News:

Arturia Forums

Author Topic: Feature Request: Better/Consistent Presets  (Read 1489 times)

Suntower

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
Feature Request: Better/Consistent Presets
« on: July 29, 2015, 07:48:56 am »
An Open Letter To Arturia Developers

I have been an Arturia user since you guys started... I can't remember but probably what 15 years?

Although I love all your synth re-creations, I rarely now use Arturia stuff now for one simple reason: the preset manager in ALL your products is simply too clunky. And I've waited year after year and it never improves. So I'm just letting you know that what may seem like a small thing is actually a BIG deal.

If it were me, I would study how NI and Omnisphere do it. The EASY ability to search presets by a variety of criteria and tag them as you wish is CRITICAL to a modern workflow.

Your system of endless tree menus, grouped by author or broad category is ridiculous in 2015. And that little video game thingee which is supposed to show you related sounds? I literally NEVER use it.

Worst of all? Each of your products have their own quirky way of doing presets, which is even more maddening. At least you could update the collection for consistency.

With no easy way to search or classify -my- faves, I often simply use Omnisphere or something else just because I know I'll be able to find things easier. And that's sad because I WANT to use your products. Just make it easier.

Best,

---JC

Carbonate design by Bloc
SMF 2.0.17 | SMF © 2019, Simple Machines