March 29, 2024, 11:10:49 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register
News:

Arturia Forums

Author Topic: TRACKING IS TOO HIGH (& MORE)  (Read 7526 times)

Biosynth

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
TRACKING IS TOO HIGH (& MORE)
« on: July 27, 2015, 02:43:02 pm »
Hello,
just two words before explaining my problems:

- thanks for this sequencer! very powerful on paper and vids.
- very classy packaging, good manufacturing, identification card, first look very impressive :)
- no power supply ???????????? More than a mistake!  :-\ Do you think about guys without computer in their setup? (for a vintage feeling company!)
- no paper manual... for this product a small english manual would not be luxury. No other language in PDF file?

firmware problems:

- tracking is too high, i try with several synths in cv/gate, tracking is way too high. (3 octaves? )
- tempo seems not to be very stable (digits numbers change when MIDI sync (bsp in salve) is running)
- I've some ghost notes...

hope you will answer me soon.
all the best
philippe
« Last Edit: July 27, 2015, 03:18:55 pm by Biosynth »

alberto

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
Re: TRACKING IS TOO HIGH (& MORE)
« Reply #1 on: July 27, 2015, 05:31:12 pm »
Hi,

here are my two cents (for what's worth):

- thanks for this sequencer! very powerful on paper and vids.
- very classy packaging, good manufacturing, identification card, first look very impressive :)
-> Yes, agree on that, feels well build and packaged.

- no power supply ???????????? More than a mistake!  :-\ Do you think about guys without computer in their setup? (for a vintage feeling company!)
-> Actually, any power adaptor from an old phone will do, as long as it has a micro usb connector, which quite common nowadays. Also, a cheap wall plug USB power plug is fine as well, and they are dirt cheap. You realize that a cheap powerbank will work too?

- no paper manual... for this product a small english manual would not be luxury. No other language in PDF file?
-> Give you that one, indeed it would have been handy. And yes there are other languages (Eng, French, Japanese, I believe).

firmware problems:

- tracking is too high, i try with several synths in cv/gate, tracking is way too high. (3 octaves? )
-> If I understand you correctly, then you might need to change the setting in the control software (that's the one which will make it possible to update the firmware). Standard is 1V/Oct, but you might need another settings for your synths?

- tempo seems not to be very stable (digits numbers change when MIDI sync (bsp in salve) is running)
-> Might be +/- 1 every now and then, but midi is a serial protocol. If lots of bytes are transferred, the sync might be changing a bit due to that.

Check if the Probability and Randomness buttons are set to zero. That problem bit me a few days ago.

Cheers,
Albert

Valentin Arturia

• Administrator
« Reply #2 on: July 27, 2015, 05:55:23 pm »
There's some tutorials on the forum. Please have a look to the videos there's a lot to learn :
=> Why my Micro/MiniBrute play higher when connected in CV/Gate to my BeatStepPro ? : https://youtu.be/KOMiTvdb1jk?t=6m6s

it's the same with Live in slave: if you want a really stable midi tempo you need an external midi clock. The tempo is calculated with the midi clock it receives so with a few milliseconds shift (you might not hear) it change the tempo value.

Biosynth

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
« Reply #3 on: July 27, 2015, 10:05:49 pm »
Ok thank you I check that

Biosynth

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
« Reply #4 on: July 28, 2015, 01:33:34 pm »
Hello,
it doesn't work...

If I change "0V midi note" value to have a good tracking (C3 I think, and not C-2 I see on your new firmware version) notes are all the same when I go down in octaves (limit?)

Fuck I'm not a beta tester..........!!!

Valentin Arturia

• Administrator
« Reply #5 on: July 28, 2015, 02:10:21 pm »
Hi,
In case it's an analog synth (like microbrute) the VCO adds all the CVs (from the input and from the keyboard and all other sources like LFO). I think in your case it adds the one corresponding to the last played note on the synth with the CVS from the BSP resulting a too high tracking. Play the lowest note on your synth to get OV on the VCO and then the CVs from the BSP are added to 0V. You can transpose by playing on the synth's keyboard leaving the BSP sends the same CV sequence. Hope you're now ready !!

Biosynth

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
« Reply #6 on: July 28, 2015, 02:50:51 pm »
Yes it's exactly what I do but it's too high.
I don't have this problem with my darktime sequencer in cv-gate mode.

zsquaredplusc

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
« Reply #7 on: July 28, 2015, 05:38:48 pm »
Try setting your CV0 to C0 rather than C3 (I think it defaults to C-2 in the MMC), it worked perfectly with my microbrute.

Sabatini

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
« Reply #8 on: July 28, 2015, 07:56:36 pm »
- The tracking of the CV worked inproperly before my firmware update, too.
now using 1.1.0.3 - tracking is fine

Check if the Probability and Randomness buttons are set to zero. That problem bit me a few days ago.

that is not a true solution....

Do following test.
Put your fingers on one of the 3 left sided knobs (f. e. random), and do like you want to turn, but keep the position with NO turning.
Then do a little bit lottering to the left and right. These encoders a wobbly and rocky, in comparison to the others.
That causes pulses in the encoder, that the values for the corresponding parameter is raising, even if you make NO turning of the knob.
Even knocking on the sides or on the table causes sometimes the same effect.  ???

I have 2 pieces of BSP here, and both have the same behaviour... what about yours?

T. S.

Biosynth

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
« Reply #9 on: July 28, 2015, 08:11:02 pm »

Try setting your CV0 to C0 rather than C3 (I think it defaults to C-2 in the MMC), it worked perfectly with my microbrute.
yes I tried but in C3 octave is lower.
I 'm on the last firmware.
I try with my micromoog and my korg odyssey. For this one in midi it's ok but not in cv-gate.

zsquaredplusc

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
« Reply #10 on: July 28, 2015, 08:25:38 pm »
When I did the above the octave of the Microbrute matched perfectly both my Bass Station and my TT-303's which I run using MIDI. Set the C0 value to C0 rather than C-2 (default) C-1 or C1 and above

Biosynth

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
« Reply #11 on: July 28, 2015, 09:33:04 pm »
Yes I tried all values...
You've no problem cause you run in midi. In midi its ok for me too.
In cv-gate it's not the same thing.
Thanks for your help.

zsquaredplusc

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
« Reply #12 on: July 28, 2015, 09:55:26 pm »
No, I'm using the Microbrute via CV, and the Bass Station via MIDI, by setting the C0 value from C-2 (default) to C0 it lowers the Microbrutes oscillators by 2 octaves, bringing them in line with the Bass Stations oscillators. Hope this makes more sense, as when I add pitch CV from the BSP to the already existing Microbrute pitch CV it adds them together, you can offset this by altering the 0V value.

zsquaredplusc

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
« Reply #13 on: July 28, 2015, 09:58:53 pm »
I forgot to mention, if I choose to use the Microbrute via MIDI there is no need to offset the value, you need to offset this value however when using CV using the CV menu in the MCC.

Carbonate design by Bloc
SMF 2.0.17 | SMF © 2019, Simple Machines