March 29, 2024, 10:41:32 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register
News:

Arturia Forums

Author Topic: Are the DEMO videos for BSP all FAKE?  (Read 3638 times)

Sabatini

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
Are the DEMO videos for BSP all FAKE?
« on: July 27, 2015, 02:21:45 pm »
The BSP might be a breakthrough if all works as promised, but currently

I have to ask myself finally now,

how can people made a live performance with a BSP with this desolate Firmware????

Are the DEMO videos all FAKE? If not, so Arturia should draw back and give us this working Firmware IMMEDIATELY.

Otherwise  .... it might come up the feeling...  - YES

Why so?

My BSPs ( 2 of them, FW 1.1.0.3) do not overcome for 5 minutes without trouble, even if they are running untoughed and in

Standalone

Or is this the reason, that on all Demos the guys play there so turbid sequences, that you can not recognize the bugs ??? ::)

I do NOT need lots of more functions or features - but what I need is a   SOLID working machine.

@ Arturia developers - before going on with new things, fix the old bugs FIRST!

T. S.

Valentin Arturia

• Administrator
Re: Are the DEMO videos for BSP all FAKE?
« Reply #1 on: July 27, 2015, 05:30:53 pm »
Hi,
what kind of troubles? We're now working on a new firmware (available soon) with some bug fixes.
Sorry for the inconveniences

alberto

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
« Reply #2 on: July 27, 2015, 08:10:51 pm »
Any information you can give on the upcoming firmware update?
- When
- Fixes
- New features (but for me fixing bugs would be highest priority)

Cheers,
Albert

Sabatini

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
« Reply #3 on: July 27, 2015, 09:50:01 pm »
@Valentin

as wrote above, my issues are ..... still loses sometimes a note, a gate, or a pitch.

No difference if I use Midi or CV. always the same. Standalone or with the Mac.

My default randoms are ZERO and swing is at 50  (no swing) too.

on 2 different BSP devices same issues, so it seems not to be a lacking of one single machine, nor being related to the 50% randomize issue.

Especially when running sequences like the "Knightrider Basseline" it happens in cycles...

alberto

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
« Reply #4 on: July 27, 2015, 10:13:09 pm »
Just a thought, what kind of power supply are you using. Are both BSPconnected to USB ports on the same computer?
USB hub?

Are you able to use a phone USB power supply for power?

Might be that the BSP is sensitive for power supplies delivering power just below the official value.

I have used a powerbank (4400 mA) succesfully.

Or have you already tried any of this?

Albert

Sabatini

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
« Reply #5 on: July 27, 2015, 11:08:23 pm »
I have a seperate USB power supply, too.

Because I planned to use one of the BSPs in standalone.

It does not make a difference if its hub powered, computer powered or with extra power supply.

But what I figured out is, that the 3 left side encoders are doing a bad job. Jumping values, even it the controller is moved on the table or hit a little bit.

Furthermore the tough/roller/switches are not clever made as well.

1 - A tough sensitive ribbon style switches in the middle of the  master section placed is not really clever.

2 - this sensitive stylish grap is completely missplaced here. another 2 pairs of rubber pads would do a 20times better job, ,when placed on the bottom side.  Seems like the beta testers are not really experienced, even if they call themselves the  vice president and  have a grey beard. Maybe next time you should ask for someone else´s mind.

3 - hopefully it will come to disable the toughy, or at least, maybe only, to work together with a pushed button like

shift button etc.  .... maybe the 3 left side encoders as well..... might reduce lots of toughing trouble.

4 - Sure that the 3 encoders will not overcome for a long time distance, so maybe Arturia offers then a better quality to replace them

T. S.

CJMOR1804

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
« Reply #6 on: July 27, 2015, 11:52:14 pm »
randomness should be default at zero. wouldn't it be hard to program a sequence if it started out 100% random?

swing should be default at 50%. that is the zero position.

i've never hit the touchstrip on accident. it seems to work just fine where it is and i've got fairly big hands.

the encoders seem to be same quality as all my other midi controller gear that i've had for years. i like actually having endless encoders now, which my roland and denon gear does not (which is surprising since they cost twice as much and have even more layered controls then the BSP). as far as the encoders being too touchy, i can't replicate your problem. hell i can hover my finger over the knobs to see what the value is. don't even have to touch them, which prevents accidental changes. also tried shaking and rattling the device - never had any of the values change.

i think your complaints are unwarranted. i've had it running for hours without even a hiccup. i think the demo videos DO show exactly what the BSP can already do. 

Sabatini

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
« Reply #7 on: July 28, 2015, 07:42:53 pm »
Hi CJMOR 1804

randomness should be default at zero. wouldn't it be hard to program a sequence if it started out 100% random?
- Did I say something different?

swing should be default at 50%. that is the zero position.
 - my saying, isnt it?

the encoders seem to be same quality as all my other midi controller gear that i've had for years
- ok, you are convinced about so I show you the problem.

Do following test.
Put your fingers on one of the 3 left sided knobs (f. e. random), and do like you want to turn, but keep the position with NO turning.
Then do a little bit lottering to the left and right.
That causes pulses in the encoder, that the values for the corresponding parameter is raising, even if you make NO turning of the knob.
Even knocking on the sides or on the table has sometimes the same effect. The problem seems to be, that this encoders have no latching or snapping.

I have 2 pieces of BSP here, and both have the same behaviour, so it is not a specific lack.

Maybe your machine does this not, then let me know.
I have to send all my devices back to my dealer then.

T. S.

CJMOR1804

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
« Reply #8 on: July 29, 2015, 09:05:00 pm »
sorry, thought you meant you had issues with the default randomness and swing settings. misunderstanding on my part.

will try that test later tonight and let you know

CJMOR1804

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
« Reply #9 on: July 30, 2015, 12:51:31 am »
well, i've tried repeatedly to replicate your problem with the encoders. mine doesn't change values unless the knobs are physically rotated. have tried just holding them, tapping the tops and sides of them, even dropping an inch off the table.

Computer Controlled

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
    • Facebook Place
« Reply #10 on: August 03, 2015, 08:20:24 am »
The problems with notes being held are a known issue.  Hopefully this will be fixed in the next FW update.
Stuff: SH-101 . aJuno-1/PG-300 . TB-3 . TR-8 . TT-303 . Korg ES2 . SQ-1 . BeatStep Pro . MSQ-100

siseturist

• Soundcloud
« Reply #11 on: August 03, 2015, 08:51:45 am »
well, i've tried repeatedly to replicate your problem with the encoders. mine doesn't change values unless the knobs are physically rotated. have tried just holding them, tapping the tops and sides of them, even dropping an inch off the table.

I also have the problem, that swing and randomness values are changed only by touching the knobs slightly.

Carbonate design by Bloc
SMF 2.0.17 | SMF © 2019, Simple Machines