April 26, 2024, 02:49:34 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register
News:

Arturia Forums

Author Topic: Backup projects via SYSEX  (Read 3573 times)

atte

• a773.dk
Backup projects via SYSEX
« on: July 23, 2015, 09:48:17 pm »
I'm enjoying my new BSP! However the MMC is not so stable here, and even if it were, I'd prefer something more straight-ahead for backing up projects.

So: Is there a SYSEX implementation available for the BSP, specifically a project dump request for backing up individual projects + perhaps global data/settings?
« Last Edit: July 24, 2015, 10:34:05 am by atte »

atte

• a773.dk
Re: Backup projects via SYSEX
« Reply #1 on: July 29, 2015, 11:14:44 am »
Bump

atte

• a773.dk
« Reply #2 on: September 20, 2015, 04:28:22 am »
Anyone from arturia reading this. Please release a full sysex implementation (found in the back of most Roland manuals for instance). Or at least tell what sysex I need to send for the BSP to send a complete song as sysex dump.

atte

• a773.dk
« Reply #3 on: December 23, 2015, 12:18:02 am »
Xmas bump

Please, it's in there, I assume you use sysex for communicating with the MMC.

Just give me a dump request for current project, and I'll be so much happier!!!!!

syrupcore

« Reply #4 on: December 30, 2015, 11:57:43 pm »
I'd very much like to see this as well. I don't want to dump it into the MMC (though I appreciate it being there)—I want to record it into my main sequencer along with all of my project's other MIDI data/sysex.

nnay13

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
« Reply #5 on: January 16, 2016, 10:11:36 am »
bump

megamarkd

• Dead By Dawn
« Reply #6 on: January 17, 2016, 12:26:14 am »
I'd very much like to see this as well. I don't want to dump it into the MMC (though I appreciate it being there)—I want to record it into my main sequencer along with all of my project's other MIDI data/sysex.

Heheheh, I use my QY700 to record midi with but the ironic thing is, it has no midi dumping either!  So I am left with needing to save the midi files to a 3.5" floppy then put it into a computer and drag them off the disc.  Talk about taking the long way home.  I need to invest in a USB floppy drive emulator one of these days.
Currently running https://www.modulargrid.net/e/racks/view/1311723 / www.modulargrid.net, sequencing with KSP and recording with a Zoom (no DAW involved, for better or worse ;) )

syrupcore

« Reply #7 on: February 07, 2016, 12:55:26 pm »

Heheheh, I use my QY700 to record midi with but the ironic thing is, it has no midi dumping either!  So I am left with needing to save the midi files to a 3.5" floppy then put it into a computer and drag them off the disc.  Talk about taking the long way home.  I need to invest in a USB floppy drive emulator one of these days.

I see the irony but they're are a little different. The QY700 is a full blown song creating polyphonic multitrack sequencer. The QY700 is the sort of sequencer I'm talking about sending my BSP sysex into. :) I can see it not supporting sysex out because it's sort of a 'final destination' sequencer whereas the BSP is meant to be played live—as much instrument as sequencer.

Sidebar: I've yet to invest in a USB floppy emulator myself. All kinds of useful but not cheap and not glamorous! Would be an easier sell for me if they worked like car stereo cassette adapters—that way you could use the same emulator for different bits of older gear (by putting the adapter floppy in).

megamarkd

• Dead By Dawn
« Reply #8 on: February 08, 2016, 03:58:53 am »
ON-TOPIC
We'd like to be able to save configurations via sysex.

OFF-TOPICish
I see the irony but they're are a little different. The QY700 is a full blown song creating polyphonic multitrack sequencer. The QY700 is the sort of sequencer I'm talking about sending my BSP sysex into. :) I can see it not supporting sysex out because it's sort of a 'final destination' sequencer whereas the BSP is meant to be played live—as much instrument as sequencer.

Sidebar: I've yet to invest in a USB floppy emulator myself. All kinds of useful but not cheap and not glamorous! Would be an easier sell for me if they worked like car stereo cassette adapters—that way you could use the same emulator for different bits of older gear (by putting the adapter floppy in).

Hadn't though of it like that really, but that does explain no midi dumps on the QY700.

I feel the same about the emulators, it's like the only pro-solution wants to be paid like highclass call girls and the ones that are more realistically priced are horribly under-spec'ed.  I agree, device similar to a cassette player adaptor would he ideal.  A device that can feed the data as it would from a magnetic data storage disc, the same way tape player adaptors do.  It'd have to be do-able like that.  Then again I'm not a chemist nor am I an electronic engineer....
Currently running https://www.modulargrid.net/e/racks/view/1311723 / www.modulargrid.net, sequencing with KSP and recording with a Zoom (no DAW involved, for better or worse ;) )

turbo_kev

« Reply #9 on: February 08, 2016, 06:52:11 pm »
or A Pimp
BWS 3.0.0,Spark LE, V Collection 6.2, BS1 & BS PRO, Keystep & Keystep pro  keylab 25, Axiom pro 49,Behringer UMC1820,Launch pad pro,ProFx8 v2,Icon m+ & D2,KRK 10/3,win 10 pro,i7 5820k 4ghz ,16G ddr 4 ,1TB NVMe.M2, msi x99a sli + , NV GF Gt 710, Matrix Brute  Roland TR8S

megamarkd

• Dead By Dawn
« Reply #10 on: February 09, 2016, 09:57:33 am »
LOL, no, I'm not a pimp by any stretch of the imagination.  I don't wear big purple hats for a start!

atte

• a773.dk
« Reply #11 on: April 05, 2016, 11:14:46 pm »
bumpy

Carbonate design by Bloc
SMF 2.0.17 | SMF © 2019, Simple Machines